RAVENOUS (Part 1)

I’m mad keen to try doing a pork knuckle like the Germans, thought that may have been it. Scale threw me off.

Hope the ham was nice all the same!

Knuckle got reference:

You’re in Limerick?
There’s a good pork butcher counter in the Eastern European shop down by the absolute hotel,
I got some excellent pork shoulder there for pulled pork but they have all the unusual cuts

1 Like

Pork knuckle looks great but don’t think the flavour matches up

1 Like

I’m not, I’m back up in Dublin as of today.

Those Eastern Europe butchers can be great for some meats and very reasonable. Things like speck or pancetta, multiple times.cheaper than the equivalent in a more local.deli

1 Like

I loved the flavour of when I tried it. 15 hours slow cook in beer is the one I want to give a rattle.

Had it in Austria a few times and just thought it was ok

That was horrid

2 Likes

What was the problem chief?

3 Likes

Ranchero soup

Wherever you are - it’s too bright.

Exchequer wine bar in Ranelagh. Food was nice - proper tapas.

They were taking piss with wine prices though - mark up of four times on retail on one or two I knew.

4 Likes

Few years since Iv been but always decent food there. Ranelagh wouldn’t be price sensitive!

Still load of decent options there? Kinrara was a right treat next door

1 Like

Unreal Indian that place

2 Likes

Louie in the Ranelagh Takeaway does the best food in the village

:ronnyroar:

Never went there much. Used to go to the place across from smyths a bit more… Closer to home

Kinara was closed. Probably for the holidays.

I’ve taken to drinking house red a lot now unless I’m out somewhere special. It’s generally nice and as good as the stuff for four times the price on the menu.

15 Likes

Just picked an Indian there myself

A chicken madras for myself.
Butter chicken for the boss.

1 Like

Any good?