RAVENOUS (Part 1)

The raw steaks look sensational. Not sure if the purpose of reverse sear on a regular steak, what’s the story with that? Also what’s a broccoli crumble?

I like the reverse seat for many reasons, it gives a nicer and more tender texture than doing it in the pan and it is very consistent method to cook beef too. I had four steaks yesterday which needed to be cooked four different ways, rare, medium/rare, medium and well done. Far more straightforward to reverse sear than doing in the pan to cook each perfectly. No need to rest either which makes it far easier to cook and plate up together.

The crumble is just onions, garlic and mushrooms fried in butter, some flour added to make a roux and then some milk and seasoning to make a sauce. Par boiled broccoli added and then topped with two thirds bread crumbles, one third cheese mix to top and baked in the oven.

3 Likes

6 Likes

Just after a feed of beef myself.

I’m gone off roast spuds though, gimme creamy mash any day once gravy is daycent

1 Like

I had a longing on me for turnip. It was savage.

1 Like

How did you do the Beef?

In the oven.

1 Like

Decent effort this evening. Steak (t-bone for me, fillets for the family, all a perfect medium rare from a griddle pan), mash potato, mustard and honey glazed roast carrots and roast sprouts with buffalo wing trimmings (blue cheese, home made ranch dressing and hot sauce, recipe from the Irish times the other day, feckin unreal).

3 Likes

I made steak sandwiches. In isolation so making do with what’s in the gaff. Had rib eyes in freezer defrosted them. Seasoned them to fuck fried in hot pan. While they were resting I fried up loads of onions with a but of soy sauce. Had wraps so put some cheese spread on the wraps, bit of garlic mayo, baby spinach, sun dried tomatoes with the fried onions. Heap of steak, closed up the wraps, banged em into the pan to seal them. Cut in half. Sensational improvisation

11 Likes

Could you taste it?

1 Like

I could

1 Like

And smell it

2 Likes

I bought 3 (three) frozen turkeys in dunnes today so I did

10 Likes

Bit of spice in there? Love prawns.

I was supposed to add saffron or paprika but I had none.

Turned out nice all the same.

1 Like

Looks good.
Proper Chorizo would have helped too.

Other than the lack of chorizo, saffron, paprika, sofrito and bomba rice that’s a lovely paella.

6 Likes

Authentic peasant food.

There is paella rice and chorizo in there. I may invest in a paella pan.

1 Like

11 Likes