RAVENOUS (Part 1)

Cooking for one?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:. Yeah it’s small enough - seemed to shrink. Will just about do us for dinner if sliced thinly.

I’d have that ate picking at it while waiting for dinner.

3 Likes

Sure if you threw frozen peas into a stir fry they would be cooked in 3 or 4 mins. No need to defrost

1 Like

I’d have everything out and ready to go in the pan,
Skehan wouldn’t go to the freezer for his peas, they’ll be in a bowl weighed out or whatever, so they’ll be defrosted, the angry man in the video hasn’t taken that onto account

1 Like

5 Likes

You still in Budapest?

Egg & Beef? Salad cream?

Nice plate of stuff

1 Like

Yep, back tomorrow mid-morning. Veal stew. :yum:

Veal and sour cream. Licked the plate, so I did.

With scrambled eggs?

It’s like a pasta but made of dumplings. Fenom :yum:

It’s called Spaetzle in Germanic countries.

1 Like

Skehan is a fucking chancer. The ingredient quantities in his recipe books are all ovef the shop.

I don’t have any, give us an example

No

3 Likes

OK, it was a genuine enquiry, I don’t really know anything about the chap, I’ve skipped by him on TV here and there,
I thought your man in the video seemed like a very angry chap with an axe to grind, playing to a certain gallery obviously, the type that populate TFK to a large degree.
Maybe the peas were straight from the freezer but it’s unlikely in a TV studio kitchen where everything like that is prepped in advance

1 Like

In fairness to the chap he has done well to carve out a career for himself in the cookery space. However he never worked professionally in a kitchen and while others in the space (Jamie Oliver, Gordon Ramsey, Rick Stein, Neven Maguire) were peeling spuds for a living, the bould Donal was in a boy band (Streetwize).

1 Like

I saw this one on the RTÉ homepage yesterday.

A few comments.

1. He cooks the food for 15-20 mins but the total recipe time is 1 hour. So he’s allocating 40-45 mins for placing the ingredients in the pan and for putting them in a bowl at the end

2. A 3 step recipe where one step is put the ingredients in a pan and another step is put the ingredients in a bowl isn’t much of a recipe

3. He’s going to cook potatoes in a “splash of water”. How is that going to work?

3 Likes