RAVENOUS (Part 1)

Hold tight.

1 Like

I did a very good rub recently for BBQ’d lamb but for the life of me I can’t find the recipe now.
It was morocccan themed, with Ras El Hanout and a few other ingredients.
You won’t go too far wrong with a marinade of Cumin, Corriander, Pakrika, Garlic and lemon juice.
Give yourself plenty of time if you are slow cooking 5 joints of meat in the oven together.

If you have any doubts on having enough, get some good quality ham sliced and put it out as an additional meat.

4 Likes

Just get decent harissa @gilgamboa

2 Likes

Harissa can be a bit spicy when doing it for a crowd.

And roasters

6 Likes

Yeah il put them on at 9am I’d say for 3pm target time

A pile of mate, buttered sliced pan and away you go.

3 Likes

They’ll drink more Dutch Gold and you won’t be left with any.

A nice Moroccan yogurt sauce on the side to cool it for the roasters

1 Like

:rofl::clap:

You’re first rate on the middle eastern cuisine in fairness.

1 Like

Unsurprising given his Turkish heritage.

1 Like

I set you up for the tap in there.

3 Likes

It’ll go over the heads of most of the dullards posting here unfortunately.

1 Like

Mediterranean seafood platter in Leucate.

10 Likes

Savage looking feed and a nice bottle of Picpoul to go with it. Lovely part of the world.

1 Like

For sure. Familiar with general area but never before in Leucate. Loved finding a low key seaside spot that just trades on having incredible seafood. Loved the emphatically non glam nature of several ordinary restaurants in a ‘main drag’. Am as obsessed with oysters as with mushrooms.

Not ordinarily a fan of crassotrea gigas. But these oysters were fine claires, crassotrea gigas in its best attempt at masquerading as ostrea edulis. They were lean and they were sublime – even in May.

Muscadet when north, picpoul when south… Delicious bottle – for a feckin’ tenner.

Send me to Pseuds Corner… My only regret is that their sea urchins went out of season in late April.

2 Likes

I only recognize a few words but it sounds like bliss!

4 Likes

Spent a month in Sête just up the coast years ago. Great part of the world.

1 Like

It’s like a foodie holiday version of @Fagan_ODowd’s record collection

First time in France since early 2019. When I was in Sète for first time. Have a notion we probably have eaten in same bistro there.