RAVENOUS (Part 1)

Lamb masala meatballs with lentils… bit of yogurt and chutney on the side

11 Likes

That’s fantastic. Calamari and what else? Scampi?

:jp: :crossed_flags: :jp:

1 Like

Calamari, scampi and breaded hake.
Twas a serious feed.

1 Like

With the rest of the fish, no need to pre cook any of it, cooks in the oven

1 Like

I’d always eat the skin of a properly baked potato. Best part of it. Would you eat the skin on a new potato boiled?

The fish box?

Of course

Aru from Cork ? I am aru? Do u ate spuds ? I do, Do u? How d u ate them ? Skins and all. Do they choke u? Not at’ll…

11 Likes

The Curragower

2 Likes

6 Likes

The few scallions add a touch of class there :grinning:

3 Likes

Is that a full portion?

1 Like

Child’s portion surely

1 Like

It was part of a tasting menu. @backinatracksuit, the scallions were dropped from a height as well which added to the class.

1 Like

Slow cooked beef cheek, mushroom and bacon lardons

15 Likes

Tasting menu?

No sourdough? No problem

1 Like

Braised pork done for the week.

2 Likes

For anyone who wants to try some Chinese cooking, the above is as easy as it gets.

1. Slice 4-5 shallots, deep fry them until brown and keep for later.

2. Prepare some hard-boiled eggs and keep for later.

3. Slice the pork belly into strips, fry (no oil) until the fat starts to release, then add 3 cups of water, half a cup of light soy sauce, one tbls of dark soy sauce, two tbls of oyster sauce, one tbls of sugar, diced garlic, and 4-5 shakes of white pepper and five spice. Add the eggs (deshelled obv) and shallots. You can also cook shiitake mushrooms and add them here. Add a decent amount of salt.

4. Bring to the boil, then put it on a low heat for two hours. Taste, add salt and pepper if needed. Add one tbls of msg. Put on a high heat for 5 minutes to reduce the gravy.

5. Serve with chinese veg and rice. I just steam the veg, above I used kai lan.

5 Likes