RAVENOUS (Part 1)

It’s very dear here in Ireland. All love it in the house but full bag reduces to little so need.more than 1 bag. Bag goes for about 3 quid and we’d almost eat 3 bags between 4 of us so what’s a cheap green vege in Asia, expensive adding to family dinner here

Same goes with choi sum,.bok choi etc All lovely but too pricey to have few times a week

2 Likes

That’s the word that best describes what you’re after cooking there .

You’ve never seen/eaten braised pork rice before?

Had the roast chicken dinner there. Gorgeous as ever but had mashed turnips with it. Mashed turnips are savage.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Shoulder of pork, slow cooked for 6 hours, covered in a soy/honey/garlic/cumin glaze and finished in oven for 20 mins.

Savage.

19 Likes

That sounds class. What’s the story with msg? There used be stories it was cancerous or it was banned? I definitely don’t think I’ve ever seen it for sale in a supermarket here.

1 Like

:heart_eyes:

Aromat is basically msg and widely available in supermarkets. Mad dreams about all you’ve to worry about

3 Likes

I thought aromat was mostly salt. A tablespoon of it seems like a huge amount to put in anything.

Msg is a salt. Mono ‘sodium’ glutamate

No, it’s the meat that’s cancerous.

I see. Clue is in the name. A tablespoon of that plus all that soya sauce seems to be a mad amount of salt to put in anything @Turenne.

Pretty lucid dreaming off it anyway and no doubt wake up gasping of the thirst from all the salt.

1 Like

Some fellas are happy to let this stuff seep into their gut lining.

imgsrv

1 Like

It was far less salty than the Irish food I was given in restaurants/hotels a few months back. :roll_eyes:

The pearl clutching from white people when MSG enters the conversation… :rofl:

Used all over SE Asia amongst people with far lower sodium intake then people in the west. :laughing:

1 Like

Ok mate I wasn’t attacking you, try to calm down.

1 Like

He has serious issues with white people

4 Likes

Would you be particular about the type of chicken you’d buy? Have you ever got the Carlow ones that you’d see in some of the fancier shops for €14/15. By all accounts they’ve had a better upbringing than a lot of humans in Carlow, and you can definitely notice the difference.

4 Likes

Cork