RAVENOUS (Part 2)

Tesco bearnaise sauce is a game changer ever since shops stopped stocking the Maille one

4 Likes

Have you ever been subjected to Smörgåstårta during your time in Sweden? Probably one of the most disgusting things I’ve ever had the misfortune of having a bite of

How did you do the potatoes? Look delicious.

I steamed a shitload last night for the dinner with salmon

Just cut them in half and fried them in butter in a hot pan

2 Likes

One of my remaining indulgences in this life is sugar, so I learned the word ‘torta’ meaning cake very quick upon arrival. I remember working on a horrific jobsite in a freezing winter, and being asked by a young project manager to do a hape of overtime to finish the job. I detest overtime, as do the Swedes. He promised me a massive free smorgastorta. I’d never heard of it, he maintained it was the most delicious thing Sweden has. I only knew torta. I toiled for two months, mainly driven by the thought of this holy grail of cakes. When we finished up, and the lad landed in with an absolute behemoth of a cake shaped thing, but covered in prawns, I was part heartbroken, part apoplectic with an internal rage. I bit into it. Fucking mayonnaise. Since that day, I do a lot less presumption and assumption. I actually like smorgastorta today, but when I know what I’m biting into.

5 Likes

I was subjected to it back in the spring. On the face of it I like all the components of it individually or in a different setting. But it was horrendously heavy and fairly inedible. The operations manager who was close to 30 stone took the remains of it home and I’d say it didn’t last the evening.

Yeah, they love it. The country is ridiculously sentimental on tradition. Certain foods at certain times of the year or occasions and tons of other stuff that is in the odd category. One half of a Swede is like a woke feminist, the other half your 90yr old grandmother.

Donal Sheehan has a great piece in tbe Irish Independent today, all the classics

4 Likes

He’s a genius. I probably overdid the hipster presentation aspect on this one by putting the meal in a baked beans can after taking off the label and giving it a few slaps of a hammer. Pretty proud of it all the same.

13 Likes

1 Like

Absolute perfection

13 Likes

Jaysus. Perfection

There’s an auld stew in under there.

2 Likes

6 Likes

I’ve said it before and i will say it again - steak and pasta are great bed fellows. Quick and easy

14 Likes

That is savage

Where’s the pasta tho?! Looks like gnocchi which is spud dumplings?

Yerrah Gnocchi is part of the pasta family.

1 Like

Looks fucking killer anyway pal.

11 Likes