Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

14 million euros worth of it

Those chips would have been lovely with a drop of curry.

2 Likes

ff

unreal, chicken or beef burger?

I’d say it’s a 5ounce burger. @KinvarasPassion ?

Chicken breast burger lads

This thread is in serious need of moderation and a few bannings, self moderation has clearly failed here.

Its the way to go. I had one of the chicken breast burgers myself from Supermacs one Friday evening after work a few weeks ago to treat myself. The whole thing including the chips and the fanta was terrific to be honest. They do some trade as well in every supermacs I’ve ever been in.

2 Likes

Just watching John Torode in Argentina on Food channel there. The gauchos got a whole side of beef stuck it on a stake resting over (not on) an open fire. Roasted for 3 hours. They are ating it in hunks cut straight off the bone…

It would give a fella a fair hunger

3 Likes

Have Sunday dinner planned already. Been looking forward to it all all week. Roaster shoulder of pork will be left steeping in 2 cans of cider over night. Oven will be preheated to 250 degreyes at precisely 9.30 Sunday morning. 20 minutes at 250. Then down to 160 at 9.50 am. 10 am mass. Take the cover off at 1.15 pm. Baste with the cider once more. Leave in oven until 1.45pm. Take out. Leave stand for 15 minutes. Add gravy powder to the cider. Serve with mashed potatoes, mashed veg and roasted mushrooms
3pm. Sleep until 4pm
Ah lovely

14 Likes

Sounds savage mate. Skip the gravy powder though as that’s lowering the quality a bit. Pour off all the liquid, boil it down and add a shot of Calvedos and a spoonful of Dijon. Maybe a small bit of cream to finish it off. Drink half the remaining bottle of Calvedos as a digestif.

5 Likes

Fair comment. I just wanted to thicken the cider up a bit

If you’re ever in Donegal town hit the Blueberry Cafe lads. Fantastic food. I had the soup (sweet potato and broccoli) and a curried chicken quinoa salad with roast veg. Excellent.

Do you roast it in the cider?

Yep. Cover the crackling in honey also

6 Likes

I’m hungry looking at that.

Now that looks top class. What did you cook the scallops in? Washed down with a bottle of red. I know what I’m cooking tonight.

Thanks. Just seared them in the skillet and then fired a generous splash of white wine on them. Sometimes simple is best.

1 Like

Lovely stuff, and a nice break from turkey. Happy Thanksgiving mate.

1 Like