Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

We just couldn’t be bothered.

1 Like

It’s a common enough thing an old sausage casserole. The slow cooker seemed to me a handy yoke to do it in. You would always brown the sausages some but first before going into the sauce etc to avoid pale insipid malignant looking sausages, as you quite rightly pointed out. I cooked them through in the oven as the sausages were coming from my freezer and I was cooking them straight from frozen.

Sausages are disgusting, bro.

1 Like

You’ll poison yourself at that craic.

1 Like

You never cook things straight from frozen? Per packet instructions even?

Not with a sausage no.

Ever eat cocktail sausages at a bar or at some sort of low-end soirée?

1 Like

No, pal. I’ve more regard for myself than to do that.

3 Likes

You do have a high regard for yourself I suppose.

You’d want your head examined to cook things straight from frozen. And maybe your guts as well.

1 Like

A sausage casserole sounds like something the peasant class would ate

1 Like

I believe it is on the menu in the prison my step father resides in.

A serious days cooking, made a sweet potato soup for lunch followed by a jerk chicken, with corriander & lime brown rice, and corn on cob. Unreal.

4 Likes

We need pictures of this, sounds delightful.

I made a chicken, bacon and mushroom pie. Pastry wasn’t the flakiest but the filling was top notch. A few babby spuds with garlic butter finished it off nicely.

1 Like

Nice summery dishes for the Limerick weather.
Sounds great except I’m not a fan of brown rice.

Past two weeks I’ve done a French onion and then a mushroom and blue cheese soup for the work lunch, got a few days out of each but my colleagues have had the misfortune of having to put up with the strong smells off both. I’m looking for suggestions for this week, I like a brothy rather than thick or chunky soup, thinking of doing an oxtail, I could pick up the oxtail in tesco at Coonagh.

As I was eating the chicken I said, I should have taken a photo of that. The jerk sauce is a bit of effort but well worth it. Serious flavour.

The sweet potato soup, was onion and celery softened then cooled off with a spoon of pataks korma paste, garlic and ginger. Added stock, potatoes and chopped pepper. Cooked for 25 mins then blitzed. Top top soup.

2 Likes

I cooked a cod with lemon & dill butter earlier and roasted some broccoli, carrots, red onion, peppers and sweet potato (cut into chips). it was fucking divine.

Shin beef Italian Stew with gremolata and roast potatoes.

12 Likes

That’s a winner. Recipe?