Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Made it up based on an osso bucco.
Browned meat, sweated sofrito, reduced most of a bottle of white by about 75%, added the shin slices back to the casserole, then put in a few mushrooms, 2 tins of tomatoes and a pint of good beef stock.
cooked for about 5 hours, added peas, took the meat out to remove fat and bones for the kids, made sure all the marrow went back in, beautiful.
The gremolata is the trick though, really gives it some freshness, parsley, garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice to your own taste.

2 Likes

Chicken, bacon, carrots, peas, roasties and gravy followed by apple tart and ice cream. Stuffed here now.

2 Likes

Made a chicken jambalaya earlier which was surprisingly tasty considering how little effort it is.

1 Like

A nice reply for a fucking Stew. :ronnyroar: (cheers For The all important one @carryharry) this place is clearly roaster central for all our notions. :grinning:

I gave it a like for the oven dish, mate. I’d like one of those. Where did you pick that particular one up?

Is it the crueset?
You’ll pick that up in loads of places, think I got it in a BT sale about ten years ago. Absolutely savage yolk, I’d say it will outlast me anyway.

1 Like

She’s a beauty alright.

The cunt who fitted that counter should be shot.

7 Likes

I said it the last time you explained what that pot was as well…Kildare village have a shop with huge range of them at good prices

Indeed, I’ve been in there a few times, I’ve a griddle pan and an oven dish as well, great equipment.

I agree @carryharry but I think that has worsened through kids walking on it etc, think it looked grand when it was done.

Well seeing as the carpenter was most likely from Limerick city there’s a fair chance that he was shot at or witnessed a shooting at some stage of his life.

1 Like

Jerusalem arachoke, salted chocolate, vanilla ice cream with lemon something or other on the side. Nice tbf

I wouldn’t give that to a dog.

6 Likes

Me neither. The chocolate would make them sick.

1 Like

:yum:

Bombay mix?

Is it that coupe royal thing we can read?
50 what?

Yep. 50DKK. Around €7, divide by seven normally. Very rich but nice tbf

This thread has gone to total shit in the absence of the few with culinary skills, as opposed to the many going out for a bite to eat and boring the bollox off everyone about it. Lapsed posters are sadly missed, willing to risk their reputations while pushing out the boat. Hopefully order will be restored sooner rather than later.

1 Like

Have you stuck a can of bud up the hole of anything lately?