Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

This is the place that was formerly O’Connell grill is it?

I go there regularly. The chef in there is a sound lad and the food is decent. My only criticism is that the 4 chilli dishes are no more than a two and that’s being generous

We should throw them some seed money and let them at it.

I’ve found that the default level of chili is a bit higher than normal in comparison to other (Irish) Asian restaurants.
My wife is working on a steak and kale stir fry from a Rachel Allen recipe, looks decent, oyster and soy sauce.

Unfortunately I was famished on my way home from work and stopped for a snaky burger king, got the chili whopper yoke where the bun is bright red, apparently it has hot sauce cooked into it, very nice it was, first whopper I’ve had in a couple of years.

1 Like

I have an awful craving for Birds Eye 100% cod fish fingers

1 Like

I had a few of the crispy batter ones earlier,tasty

You sick fook.

Glen tavern you mean. Fantastic food, great for lunch too. Starter and main for 12 quid I think.

1 Like

I missed that post… the Glen Bar :rollseyes:… what a cunt.

2 Likes

Canjun chicken on sourdough with gerkins mayonaise and lettuce

5 Likes

That looks unreal. You’ve got gerkins in there and jalopenos? :ronnyroar:

oh god no, they are all gerkins, must be a bit dried out so it looks like a jalpeno

Jalopenos are unreal too, are you not a fan? I went through a phase there for a while where i couldn’t get enough of them, i used to put them on nearly everything and i’d be ateing them straight from the jar and all. Haven’t had one in nearly two years now i’d say.

1 Like

Cool story

1 Like

I got a bottle of this lately, I’ve been putting it on EVERYTHING

2 Likes

I like them in a pizza alright, I’m the sort of person who goes through phases

2 Likes

The mother had a bottle of that in the fridge last time I was down. Drizzled a little bit over a sandwich but didn’t get much of a kick from it.

You’ve to lash it on.

Where did you get it so, bud? Any use in a stir fry?

Rebel chilli company are the boys to give you a kick Horsey mate. They’ve a habanero relish would blow the head off you. Unreal stuff.