Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Hang on, which one is Dan? All terribly trivial stuff tbh, but @Bandage 's reaction was priceless. Thinking about it now, I might just go an give @backinatracksuit a like.

Gilgamboa

Figures. I think some posters however may have gone a bit overboard in their reaction also, in fairness it was all kindergarden stuff.
Now fuck off you UUCOAM.

1 Like

What an ungrateful cunt you are.

Thanks mate :grin:

Made an absolutely splendid Tarragon Chicken this evening. Two boneless chicken breasts simmered for 10 mins in chicken stock / white wine with fresh chopped tarragon and garlic from the garden. Meanwhile, sauteed a thinly sliced maui onion and a few mushrooms. Reduced the stock, added a few tbs heavy cream and a tsp dijon, and blended with the onions/mushrooms. Served with whipped garlic mashed potatoes. The dog was crying as we licked the plates.

Dedicated to thread stalwart @backinatracksuit with special mention to @ironmike on the occasion of his first culinary nice post.

9 Likes

What did you drink with it?

I

All gone, sadly.

3 Likes

Bit light for my taste, but nice I’m sure.

Even a lighter red isn’t ideal for the dish, a good Sauvignon Blanc like Sancerre would be generally recommended. I can’t drink white wine at night though, it gives me a headache.

That sounds delicious apart from the whipped garlic mash if what I’m picturing is correct with that runny, sloppy disgusting mash you americans are so fond of.

1 Like

I’ve been making a lovely cauliflower mash of late with quark, garlic, mustard, salt, pepper.

No mate, whipped with a wooden spoon rather than mashed, results in a creamier consistency.
You’re right though, that stuff made from a box is vile and should be banned.

Just shared pad thai, red chicken curry, pineapple fried rice, fried tofu and tom yum soup. Fucking stuffed.

3 Likes

pineapple, ffs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9JAnxzpzAA

1 Like

Leave him alone, the Cork lads are reeling today
Pineapple rice is delicious and a real centerpiece for a meal when served in a pineapple boat, with a Nam Prik Pao sauce on the side.

1 Like

I just can’t do it - I can’t mix sweet with my savory.

Says Mr Uncle Bens sweet and sour sauce himself.

:mask: