Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

mick likes his stheak and spuds burned to a crisp so he does :joy:

2 Likes

I have a lovely bbq. It runs on electricity. It even has a door on it.

The like of this chap would be common enough in Ireland, great lads on the gas burner BBQ but the step up to charcoal catches them out. Exposes them badly. Iv seen it a thousand times.
I wouldn’t mind but he must have given noelie serious money for that 2" rib eye. Would have had to request it to be cut that thick. And then he made pure shit of it like a fucking gobshite.

9 Likes

That’s the kitchen, Mike.

1 Like

You really are a breath of fresh air around here pal

That’s how you cook a pork chop

Lovely and succulent

2 Likes

Exactly

Seriously mate, I’ve never seen natural light in one of your photos, do you really live in a windowless room? Why have you the lights on?
Chop looks ok but dull

1 Like

Cooking a thick steak isn’t trivial and requires the proper technique and meticulous attention to detail. This is what a properly cooked thick ribeye looks like. Now I can’t claim credit as I had it at a top top steakhouse, and they use a 1800F broiler, but after extensive research I am convinced my cast iron skillet and oven technique is the best approximation.

3 Likes

Gas is for fuckin losers,may as well just bring the George foreman outside as use gas.

1 Like

If it wasn’t laced with loads of chemicals that would be a lovely bit of meat

Cooked to perfection.
I’m always intrigued by how you present your protein and it’s accompaniment on separate plates. It’s a nice touch. Do you ate off two plates or would you lob it all into one?

1 Like

two plates always, I like to keep the meat separate, it just doesn’t sit well with me, pilling a load of food up on one plate like mick the muldoon stuffing his face with bacon and cabbage, it lacks class and refinement

1 Like

Cooking on the grill with coal is a challenge but I can honestly say that the steak I cooked earlier was close to perfect for my taste, the rub got a bit burned but it gave it a lovely bit of crisp to contrast the medium rare centre, I did a couple of striploin as well and over cooked the first one, that taught me for the second which was spot on, I’m gonna chance a big hunk soon, perhaps a shoulder of lamb or a piece of brisket, not too confident but you learn from your mistakes.

Homemade Pizza, cc @backinatracksuit

2 Likes

Looks decent, nice edges, bit stingy with the cheese?

No chemicals mate, USDA Prime. No question a lot of lower grade beef in the US is suspect, but you get what you pay for and nobody is forced to eat it. Generally I wouldn’t eat red meat more than once a week.

1 Like

I don’t like much cheese, it makes it quite sickly I feel

All beef in the states is full of chemicals pal.That bullock never seen a blade of grass in his life.

1 Like

of course the micks in Ireland are not pumping the cattle full of shite, and they didn’t fuck up all the rivers by pumping silage effluent into them either :joy:

2 Likes