Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Bought these 2 beauties yesterday, am very much looking forward to putting them to use very soon

4 Likes

What temperature could you knock out of them?

1 Like

I’d be expecting 500c

1 Like

What kind of a cooker have you yourself mate??

You must be some size.

1 Like

I haven’t a clue, only bought them for the gimmicky slide and hide doors

You’d get a fair temperature out of those I’d say

The standard around here is at least 300.
Let’s see…

1 Like

To be clear. Is that fan assisted?

I’ve told you before that 260C is the upper limit for commercially available ovens.
There is a workaround, you can hacksaw off the locks and set the oven to the cleaning mode. At 500C, it’s perfect for cooking an authentic pizza, almost as good as a wood fired oven.

What can you achieve with your oven

I can only get 270c. That is fan assisted. I repeat fan assisted

5 Likes

have you tested that with a properly calibrated temperature sensor?

No mate. I suppose we are talking 250 in reality. It can cook a massive spud in 20 minutes when it’s fully reved up. That’s how I judge a serious oven

4 Likes

None of my ovens will go over 450F, either setpoint, or as measured by my NASA approved temperature sensor. If I really want to cremate something like @backinatracksuit does regularly, I use the outside gas powered grill with all burners set to max. It gets up to about 700F or 371C. My mate has a wood fired oven he built himself, gets up to about 1000F. It cooks a side of salmon in 30 seconds and a pizza in 2 minutes. Excellent for hair removal as well.

3 Likes

My oven hits 300 in its oven grill mode. This has been well documented on here and was backed up with photographic evidence. it’s not for the feint hearted when you operate to these temperatures but the results are very very good.

3 Likes

I was looking at this photo last night thinking of that same thing, what would you think of this piece of brisket?

Had a powerful 100km this morning on the bike, averaging 31km+/hr (cc @balbec)

Ateing since (and put away a nice bit of grub on the bike)

Went up to the mother’s after spin and she’d a few leftover fajitas that I lashed in to. Followed it up with an iced queen bun and 2 (two) funsize fake snickers bars. Got home and the Mrs needed to go to the Centra in Raheen. Treated myself to a big 99, and also fired in a Bakewell tart for later.

Had the dinner a while ago - herself whipped up a lovely Italian hotpot (with a few Spuds on the side, of course). Am now eating the aforementioned bakewell and looking out the window at the lawn I have to cut. I’ll probably be hungry after that and think there’s a deficit of snacks to get me through the evening

2 Likes

Unreal. What would your favourite dish be out of those temperature’s

A lot of sugary shite there