Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

I know it’s popular in the Midwest but the snowflakes here on the Pacific coast would object. Not that there’s much scientific evidence to back up the hysteria about cancer, but perception is everything.

I had 4 pints of Guinness in Ganleys there and 3 large gin and tonics in the royal Surrey. I. I’m in the mood for a right good feed

1 Like

You deserved it in fairness.

1 Like

I know pal. Sometimes you just gotta get the calories back in one way or the other

1 Like

There’s nothing like a good feed of drink before food. Builds up a great appetite.

Apparently I can cook a pizza, a chicken and batch of brown bread at the same time without any cross contamination. Can’t remember ever thinking, fuck it I could do with an oven that could all that stuff at once.

I love to buy a nice big chicken, spatchcock it and give her about an hour at 160c, and then when she’s sitting there all moist and not expecting it at all shift it suddenly* up to 300c and redden it’s little hole for 4 or 5 minutes.
The results are unreal.

*my oven has a fast mode or can go from cold to 190c in less than 2 and a half minutes

7 Likes

That’s unreal

Sounds amazing

What brand and model is it?

German obviously

It’s a semens

What model bro?

Haven’t a fucking clue kid it’s not written on the front, but I’ll find out for you.

Thanks mate

What would you hope to get out of one of these bad boys?

4 Likes

Siemens mate.
Had factories built around all Nazi concentration camps, and actually in Auschwitz, using tens of thousands of prisoners as slave labor. They would know a lot about oven manufacturing.

6 Likes

those Germans know how to raise a good heat in an oven

1 Like

Unreal, I love the way you described that, no messing, no fancy shit, just simplisitics that an ordinary man could understand.

I got a cab home there as I have some senior management decisions to make at work tomorrow, I have six bottles of Guinness here now and I’m about to go postal with the take away

You’ve an awful miserable existence pal, would you consider a life coach or something? It’s a wonder you’re alive at all.

2 Likes

*my oven has a fast mode or can go from cold to 190c in less than 2 and a half minutes
[/quote]

Sounds a bit like my wife