Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

its uncanny, my mother has the same plate at home, @Smark and myself are very alike, we agree on a lot of things, like yourself and myself, great INTERNET friends

2 Likes

My dinner was based on the food that was in the house this evening. Fuckall planning gone into it, unlike the teachers/civil servants/house husbands who have plenty of time.

2 Likes

proper living, cutting your cloth accordingly

you’re making a real name for yourself on this thread for being the roaster type who just puts together whatever fills him up, we get it.
Do you just buy a shitload of meat and vegetables with no idea of what or when you’ll cook it?

Yes, without hesitation. Sure isn’t it cooked as part of the preparation before you even buy it. I’d have often come in from the pub and tucked into a few slices of black pudding on bread.

@Smark, that was a lovely turn of phrase You used earlier when you said you’d have “put down” two or three rashers. My granny, God be good to her, used to use the same expression and I hadn’t heard it in years.

3 Likes

You won’t believe it kid but my old lady used have plates like that too. You couldn’t make it up. God rest her soul, I ate tonnes of good honest grub off those plates just like @Smark has tonight.

1 Like

Yeah exactly. Plenty wouldn’t. I’d eat it cold before warm every time tbh

Ive heard it all now. Roasters full of drink firing cold pudding into themselves. I’d say the digestive system is in rag order.

1 Like

When I saw the plate, something moved inside me

1 Like

Mick the Muldoon giving everything an extra few minutes in the pan to be sure to be sure ating a burnt crisp you may as well throw a hockey puck on the plate

Yup, nothing like burning the living shit out of your dinner just to be sure it’ll rot the arse off you.

2 Likes

Exceptional ateing :clap: :clap: :clap:

Something similar myself. Steak, broccoli, mushrooms, spuds and a friend egg. My fifth egg today. Throwing an egg on top is a great addition to anything.

I’m after playing an hour of soccer that’s built an insatiable hunger.

Mrs KP and the women baked this earlier…I’m going to destroy it now…

16 Likes

Calm down pal. My wife is a vegetarian so we always have a decent amount of spuds and veg in, as they never get wasted. I’d a steak in the freezer, which I had out defrosting. There were a few oven chips
Left in the freezer from a while back, so I lobbed them on as well.

Mate, I’m not excited in the least.
You’ve been repeating this for quite a while now, you don’t agree with anybody putting thought into a meal, lashing out at teachers and house husbands, I suggest tolerance of all meals on the ravenous thread,
I feel you’ve made that point now, and @ChocolateMice has seconded it because that’s the way the wind is blowing for him at the moment,

I appreciate all food mate, regardless of whether it is a snack box with a few battered sausages and a tub of curry thrown in, or haute cuisine.

I regularly have dished out (no pun intended) likes on this very forum to meals that took a lot of effort to create. I’ve also given likes to fry ups.

I’m an equal opportunities connoisseur of grub

Jaysus that’s a gorgeous looking cake. I’d have loved a slice of that earlier with a cup of tae after my fry up.

1 Like

A well deserved 20th like, even though the eggs look appalling.

1 Like

Each to their own. My old man would go for @Smark’s eggs over, for example, @Tassotti’s eggs every single time.