Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Disapointed with the lack of likes although the post is getting a lot of interaction which will help my metrics #drivefortoptwenty

1 Like

You are wasting your time, @Rocko will change the algorithm as it suits him

Just did a lovely heuvos rancheros with fried potatoes and a glass of milk, I was mentally ravenous and it really hit the spot, it got a couple of minutes under the grill after this

14 Likes

huevos, but otherwise looks good. Excellent hangover food.

I always find them a let down for the effort that goes in … You can get a lot more bang for you buck with eggs.

That looks unreal. Can you explain what’s in the pan?

Is that The Ferry Inn over the bridge?

This I said the basic recipe but I made double and added chorizo, fresh chilis and paprika, heavy with the cheese also, a mix of cheddar and emmenthal

2 Likes

Christ. Did any of them come real close to you?
Have you checked the back of your underpants for semen stains?

7 Likes

You can even go simpler, although a fried tortilla is mandatory imo. A few fried tortillas, sunny side up fried eggs and a medium to hot salsa. Serrano or jalapeno chilies are the best if you’re making your own salsa, dried even better.

1 Like

I had loads of cold steamed potatoes left over from yesterday so we’d no need for bread today, it’s a great dish, if it was for myself I’d kick the spice up a decent notch.

1 Like

I kept my back to wall at all times mate as I thought they were crusty Galway types

I wouldn’t mind, but a mile or two down the road you’ve got the Derg Inn, which is a fine establishment.

1 Like

If you went back across the bridge into civilisation, you could have gone to La Bouche. Much better bang for your expense account…

Ah sure I was just spinning along and it looked alright, I was going to go on down the road to the yank bar or some such in borrisokane where I got a fine roaster dinner before but I said I’d change it up. Definitely cost me ten likes that decision :disappointed:

I cooked up a two onions, a rake of garlic, chillies, and a mug (uncooked) of brown rice in a pot last night and towards the end added in a tin of back beans, three chicken breasts cooked in enchilada spice mix, and a bowl of peas. Ate half last night and just polished off the other half, garnished each evening with an avocado, lime juice, coriander and a rake of Aldi habanero hot sauce.

Not a very photogenic meal but a smashing feed if you are ravenous.

4 Likes

You could have posted up a picture of black pudding, fried tomatoes and mushy peas covered in red sauce and served in a nappy and said that you bought it in Portumna and you’d have been guaranteed a nice reply from the NOGRA crew on their own

2 Likes

Incorrect.
The Nogra are all classically trained chefs (a requirement for entry) and have a very high standard when It comes to culinary matters. Nogra is a also a very exclusive club with few TFK members, so a nice post would be out of the question.

1 Like

This thread like the forum as a whole has turned into a bookface likes driven cunt shop.

I’m off anyway…good luck lads.

2 Likes

I’m giving you a like out of pity, you poor cratur. I hope to fuck you got a receipt for it and least won’t be out of pocket for it. Good god, I can’t unsee that now.