Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

Here we’ve a choice between clonakilty, Denny, gracehill and lidl. Lidl deluxe is streets ahead. Sure yid ate nachin else.

My first taste of Clonakilty black was in the 90’s, in a town called Clonakilty.

Careful

2 Likes

Why?

Nothin. Just my dirty mind working overtime

1 Like

Interesting. I never knew Lidl black pudding was decent and I do most of my shopping there and all.

The deluxe stuff, not the other rubbish

Most places will stock a smaller local producer. That’s usually worth a try. there is one I see stocked occasionally called De Roiste it’s very good. Inch House Pudding is top class too if you can get it.

3 Likes

I only buy black pudding from a good butchers counter. You can’t beat it.

1 Like

The butchers in these parts seem to have given up on making their own. I think there’s a gap in the market for Irish charcuterie - to include black pudding. An East tyrone farmer is shortlisted for BBC food and farming awards for the same…he’s sold out on his website.

The Aldi one is decent too. Get the Premium one

Ashes of Anascaul do a lovely pudding, similar to Burns of Sneem, Sean Kelly of Newport in Mayo as well,
There’s great choice now

Half a chicken, buckwheat pasta with wild garlic pesto, and some broccoli. Hope this restores your faith in me Horsey mate.

1 Like

Going Peruvian this evening

5 Likes

I just noticed that aldi stock Jack Mccarthy of Kanturk puddings, pricey but probably the best in the land

2 Likes

Could you post me some… They must have heard bad reports about nordies

Rudd’s products are poison, Mac. Their sausages and pudding products are dosed with MSG. If you’ve had one or more of the following after eating Rudd’s products, the chances are you have MSG symptom complex:

• headache
  • sweating
  • facial pressure
  • numbness / burning in the face
  • heart palpitations
  • chest pains
  • nausea
1 Like

:open_mouth:

Beef heart skewers and pork chicharron. Just as an aside the Peruvian birds frequenting this place are honrale.

8 Likes

In a general discussion with a colleague recently about this, he said this is more of a problem http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/04/wheat-is-an-opiate/