Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

:open_mouth:

bought in applegreen

They look smashing but puff pastry is a long way from what would be used for South American style empanadas (in most countries anyway, they change country to country).

I’ve given it a like anyway.

That looks splendid, hard to believe you haven’t bothered this thread before, I’d have gone for a shortcrust pastry but that is a savage plate of food.

well having had empanadas in numerous South American countries, my favorite ones were the puff pastry variety we used to get from a street vendor in La Paz, hence my favoritism for that over the short pastry variety which I find a slightly heavier feed. So apologies that the Bolivians are a long way from empanadas, I’m sure you know that they often call them Saltenas there too, but the premise is still quite the same.

1 Like

They call them cornish pasties in England

Don’t be explaining yourself that that creep… His up-coming trip to Seville will be the first time he has been out of the country and no doubt he will spend half of it in O’Neill’s Irish pub

whatever about Treaty stones and TSG taking pot shots, but glas to try question my knowledge of the regionalisation of south American foods as if I was some sort of roaster?

Will O’Neills have the limerick match on?

It should do, kid… if it’s the one I am thinking of not far from the Cathedral then it will have it.

:rollseyes:

You tell him, Franno … intayhim.

Lets get one thing straight, just cause you spent a few months in South America doesn’t mean you’re not a roaster.

3 Likes

You’re getting awful mouthy since @Horsebox stopped posting as much

mac doesn’t post for a day and his gang turn on each other

This deserves a winner rating and a well clamped all in one. What a reply. Game set and match against all who questioned @Gman on south American cuisine. :clap:

You can’t bate a nice pasty in fairness.

or a nice sausage roll, you can get unreal ones in the farmers markets here, far better than what would get in Ireland

The tapas I had on my final night on the Sol were off the chart… the mini tuna steak hamburger was the pick of them x 2…I had grated cod with alioli served in a shell, Crab meat and king prawn served on a toasted bread, mini filet steak with foie rais and apple taco with goats cheese and caramelized onions…

Unreal.

1 Like

With these fresh eggs were getting I’ve decided to try the classic with a bit of salt and pepper and toast.