Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

You’re the best man on this board to bake potatoes.

3 Likes

Loverly and floury on the inside. Crispy on the outside

1 Like

And eggs.

1 Like

You won’t get a decent new potatoe in Ireland for another 2 weeks.

1 Like

You can’t get good spuds in Ireland compared to here

1 Like

I got a bag in the market at the weekend. Not bad at all

The market in Limerick? Very early yet.

Ya. They weren’t a 100% but not bad at all. I was walking around limerick city with a plastic bag full of spuds for about an hour after like the roaster that I am

I remember walking out Limerick city with a watermelon two summers ago and a guard told me to put it away or else he’d take it off me :laughing:

Kind of slow-cooked beef brisket on the cooling bbq last night, sliced onto a sourdough baguette with a bit of onion, mustard and mayo this afternoon. Could have done with a bit of tomato but not bad at all.

3 Likes

Lovely bit of grub here

Got a lovely crisp on the waffle. That kind of ability is very rare

3 Likes

looks good. I know this seems a stupid question but do you ask the butcher for beef brisket or is it called something else? Reason I asked is the young fella I asked in my local butchers hadn’t a clue what a brisket was.

Also do you just slow cook it on its own or do you add anything?

As is the ability to pull off that most difficult of culinary challenges. The well done fish finger. I think you may have nailed it here pal.

1 Like

Twas there on display when I was in, but surprised anyone working in a butchers wouldn’t know what it was. We just seasoned it with a bit of Jack Daniels sauce and salt & black pepper and left it in the bbq while we ate the burgers and stuff. Twas cooking for four or five hours I’d say.

After a few attempts to try and make palatable food you have now decided that there is no point in making the effort when dining alone.good call

6 Likes

you’ve a lovely way about you with how you do the waffles. @bandage makes a right mess of his with his 3 goes in the toaster.

Thanks for that. I got the impression the young lad that was there would struggle to find the sausages.

You may need to go to a proper butcher for a piece of brisket, none of these gaffs that will sell you oven ready meals, my butcher in Limerick has his own farm of Hereford and Angus and he’ll sell you any cut of beef you ask him for, the odd thing like cheeks might have you waiting a day or two but brisket will always be in the shop,
I lay it flat (it’s usually rolled) cut criss crosses, season generously and cook in a little bit of liquid for about 5 hours, starting on high for about 15 minutes and then right down to about 120, a tastier bit of meat you cannot have, next day cut leftovers into slices and sear on the pan for a minute, it will make an outrageous sandwich like what @Raylan has there, i’d go for a bit of onion marmalade, jalapenos and pickles.

2 Likes

Who is your butcher?

Noel above in O’Connor’s of William street, best beef in limerick by a distance, rib eye steaks are another speciality.

2 Likes