Ravenous Part Deux, the cheap likes thread

By the color of the meat

You should only turn steak once really, pal. It should be completely seared by the time you turn it. Two fine looking cuts of meat though.

Ah jaysus.

1 Like

What??

No offence mate but that looks like a microwaved STD with terminal cancer.

9 Likes

What you have done to that steak to quote Brian Cody is criminal. Seems like a good time to reprise labane’s failsafe steak method. Your skillet needs to be at least 500F and sear for a minute a side. Then fire it onto a sheet of tinfoil, wrap tightly and into a 400F oven for 8 minutes for medium rare. Personally after searing a t-bone or porterhouse, I would carve out the bone and make a nice sauce with it, along with onions, mushrooms, red wine and beef stock. You can make the sauce during the time the steak is in the oven.

4 Likes

Fahrenheit :rollseyes:

4 Likes

Is that a snapchat photo? Is that the new thing now, taking “snaps” of your photos?

You’re all cunts.

1 Like

Yes I removed the camera app to create storage space. It’s a lot easier. Just use the screenshot to save them then.

Ya a lot easier :grinning:

Cooked this again last night. Unreal.

An auld tesco, own brand, frying pan too. Sure how could you prepare food properly with a pan like that and a Chinese made dodgy hob.

1 Like

And an auld wooden spoon for poking the schtake.

And the auld cheap white tiles. Screams ‘CORPO HOUSING’ all over.

I’ve never seen that FAGOR brand before, I assume it’s the same crowd that used to sponsor Stephen Roche’s cycling team?

Fine bit of meat but the pan on way too low, unless you did mean to stew the steak?

Don’t think the pan was hot enough there.

I’d say you’d want to raise the heat there pal.

Is the ring turned on? I don’t think the ring is turned on.

Heston Blumenthal recommends turning every 30 seconds to ensure it cooks evenly and it’s equally seared/charred/whatever either side. He used an infra red camera to show how fast the heat distribution can become uneven if left one side down for too long and it fairly convinced me that he was right. This method has never let me down and I’d say he knows more about it than you anyway.