Ravenous

presume the long man cut them in half, deli style, so the bread wouldn’t be rowling around on top of them.

You would presume correctly gola.

had bacon and cabbage this eveing followed by apple and custard

two M&S Chicken “steaks”, covered in barbecue sauce with a salad on the side, twas noble, bought a big bar of turkish for 99c there which will be had during the apprentice

That’s not a bad idea, i must find something for watching the apprentice myself. I’m thinking of a bacon smeared in brown sauce sandwich…

it was a eureka moment for me when I first saw it done in a breakfast roll. Always used just throw them in uncut to sandwiches and the like.

On a related note does anyone remember that ‘rolls’ as in ones filled in the likes of a spar only came in the very late 90s. The deli counters are only recent enough additions to shops yet seem like they’ve been around forever. Did everyone just make their own sandwiches before or am I wrong about this?
Possibly they had them in Malahide but definitely only came into the less leafy areas of Dublin around 99 or so.

i have recently become a huge fan of the noble condiment that is brown sauce

YR, HP or chef???, this is important

HP, but had a chef brown sauce a few weekends ago at a house party and it was most noble, a chunky brown sauce of you will

Brown sauce is great with bacon or mince. Great tack.

always associate it as a real English thing. Think the Frank Bruno ads have a fair bit to do with this. stick to salad cream.

never touched the stuff til a few months ago, but it is serious tack, throw a bit on some shepards pie and it is unreal

Have rediscovered the joy of salad cream recently, great stuff.

what are people’s thoughts on Branston Pickle?

[quote=“The Puke, post: 290929”]
never touched the stuff til a few months ago, but it is serious tack, throw a bit on some shepards pie and it is unreal[/quote]

Indeed and i actually had shephards pie with brown sauce today. It was noble.

I’m having a snickers now watching the apprentice…

I enjoy it in small amounts.

same as

Good shout. I was a fan of it before but haven’t tried it in years. It goes well with salads etc…

:rolleyes:
hence the name

:lol: