Ravenous

cod goujans ??

hard to beat a nice burger in fairness

What were you doing mixing with that crowd for god sake they can barely play football

They’re a rare breed alright!

Ya i thought i was getting a bit of normal battered cod but was informed they were pieces of cod or cod “goujans” if you will.

Had a great Indian fest there. Chicken jal frezi, poppadoms, naan bread, rice, spicy onion salad and a few dips. Couple of bottles to wash it down. Only fit for sleep now

I have never tried an Indian. What sort of dish would you recommend?

Jal frazi is usually a safe bet. Rogan Josh is another good one, usually lamb but u can get chicken as well. The dips and accompaniments are my favourites.

Cant beat a korma. I got some chilli dish in the indian lately and nearly melted from the inside out after it. They gave me a few free bottles of Tiger beer when I got it so they must have know what was coming. I thought I was going to have a nosebleed after it!

I have no time for korma. Too mild.
I got a great selection of chillies earlier, including habanero and scotch bonnets. Hot hot.

Im all for chilli’s, if i was getting a chinese i always get something with chilli, but this was differant class. Cant remember the name of it but it was the hottest take away i’ve ever eaten. My taste buds were killed off for a week after it.

Sounds like Vindaloo… Have it every now and again, hottness varies from place to place…

Anyway I just had two ham, egg-mayo and cheese sambos with some chicken soup! Have a few beers in the fridge and am tempted to wash it down with them.

Just after a roll of garlic bread and a pactet of cheese and onion taytos. It was badly needed, i hadn’t eaten since i’d a slice of apple tart after the dinner at 7pm.

How did you get on? I thought it was decent enough without being anything special. It seems the place tries a little too hard when it should concentrate on being a good family run restaurant

Just about to put 2 striploins on the pan.

This is a good oul’ thread in fairness…Not being possessed of any great culinary skills, such as The Dunph or Runt, I found myself on a solo mission there this evening. After livestock duties, I horsed about a pound and a half of sirloin onto the pan, buttered, with Kerrygold, 5 slices of a brown soda, flittered 2 fine onions and lashed them on and banished all with 3 mugs of tea (tea leaves)…

Dessert consisted of a lock of Hennessys and a few cans of Guinness…(48 for €20…out of date I know but the finest)… :smiley:

Ah lovely. :clap:

Respect.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tea bags should be banned

Fuck all left in the house so cut up a chicken fillet, few rashers and sausages, fried them on the pan in olive oil. Threw in some curry and boiled some bismanti rice. Simple but superb. :clap:

Great feed. Excellent food. The steak was as good as I ever had.

No atmosphere, place was empty. The place is fierce well kitted out.

The waiter/owner needed a good dash of lynx though, no excuse for that in fairness.