Ravenous

thats a fact.

You’re a freak is what you are.

Just finished a very nice re-heated dinner. Was out home last night and upon leaving was handed a plate in tinfoil. Never opened it till a while ago, and boy was i in for a pleasant surprise. Bacon, mash spuds, garlic and cheese spuds, collie flour(which i wouldn’t normally have, but was nice), Broccoli, Carrots and a bit of cabbage. Wasn’t that big a meal, but it was beautiful. Have a handy cover thing for the microwave, its keeps the goodness in a fair bit.

Garlic and cheese spuds are quite possibly the greatest thing ever.

I will brook no argument on this subject.

They are good, but you’d want to keep an eye on how much you have of them, they are a fatties heaven.

Oh aye, they’d be a very rare treat for me to be hoenst. Savage stuff though.

Always found that potatoes were the one thing that could never be heated up from the day before - they need to be fresh.

I’d on occasion keep over some mash, leave em in the fridge. Then the next day, mash in some butter, dash of milk, some salt, and nuke them briefly and you’re grand for the most part.

Never quite the same if you ask me.

My mother pulled that trick on Stephens Day this year as she had put on too many potatoes the day before. Had to have words. :wink:

Sacred heart t’night, was all that in a feed bucket?
Meat, two types of spud, and 4 veg… was yer mam cleaning out the veg drawer by any chance.

You should ask yer mam to do cauliflower the next time you’re dropping off your washing

Frying up the mash the next day is the only option. Maybe with a bit of chopped onion or something thrown in and a bit of gravy on top to mask the dryness.

Just after 5spuds and a load of bacon and cabbage. Swelled now but will tackle a few mini twixs with the tea in a half hour or so.

Thats good thinking

How would you fry up the mash, mould them into a potato cake type jobbie first is it? Never thought of ever trying to fry mash, this could be the greatest discovery I have made since I found bog roll with the soothing lotion on it for when your arse is in particularly bad shape.

Thats the job alright, add loads of onions for flavour and loads of butter to mask the dryness. Not good for you but sure it tastes good.

Farmer knows the score here. I couldn’t eat a potatoe that was anything but freshly cooked.

What in the name of christ has happened to this thread??

This thread used to be about culinary prowess, not about lads mashing onions and spuds together.

Runt will you sort this out please?

It’s pretty shocking alright, although I can’t wait until Bandage tells us his new recipe for beans on toast served on a bed of icebergers.

yesterdays mash> fried potatoe cakes as someone said above.
yesterdays spuds, unpeeled> sliced and fried in a hape of butter salt peper.

dont waste yesterdays spuds.

Ravenous? I think someone needs to start a Spuds thread at this stage :rolleyes: