Ray Darcy Show

She is with a Cork man after all

The Panel is an absolute pile of gash. They have hours in advance of the live recording to script up something funny and still can’t produce anything of note. What’s actually funny is when Ed Byrne or one of the stars of The Panel turn up on Mock The Week on BBC and show how inept they are compared to the comedians on that. Byrne was on it about a month ago and contributed about 5 sentences to the half hour. I think about 4 of those were a synopsis of that Alanis Morrissette joke he’s been rehashing since the late 1990s.

the panel was good when it first started when dara o brien was hosting it but like anything that is half decent comedy made by rte it has to be done to death…killinaskuly, how low can you go, podge and rodge and the panel to name four have all being going on for a season or two too long…compared to britain when comedies go for 2 or three series and then stop when they are at the top of their game and end on a comedic high…

will we ever learn…

[quote=“The Puke”]the panel was good when it first started when dara o brien was hosting it but like anything that is half decent comedy made by rte it has to be done to death…killinaskuly, how low can you go, podge and rodge and the panel to name four have all being going on for a season or two too long…compared to britain when comedies go for 2 or three series and then stop when they are at the top of their game and end on a comedic high…

will we ever learn…[/quote]

The reason the panel is gone gash can be directly related to the rise of Mock the Week. The Panel is produced by O’Briains own production company (Happy Endings) so he basically decides how the show will go. Looks like he did this show to put himself in the shop window for bigger gigs in the UK - which is exactly what happened. Mock the Week, Never mind the Buzzcocks, Have I got news for you etc etc

Good move by him but the rest of us are left suffering here behind him. Colm Murphy is no use as an anchor. Neil Delamare was funny until he ruined himself by doing those lotto ads and the slot on breaking ball (plus he’s a biffo). Ed Byrne was a tool. Andrew Maxwell is alright but tries to hard. They had Tommy Tiernan on it a few times but it was as if he was contractually bound not to say anything funny. And as long as this show has been on they’ve never EVER had a funny woman on it. That tit from the Gerry Ryan show, Grainne Seoige, the Mayo Rose of Tralee, Mrs. Doyle, Mairead Ray Darcy Show etc etc etc.

[quote=“Mac”]The reason the panel is gone gash can be directly related to the rise of Mock the Week. The Panel is produced by O’Briains own production company (Happy Endings) so he basically decides how the show will go. Looks like he did this show to put himself in the shop window for bigger gigs in the UK - which is exactly what happened. Mock the Week, Never mind the Buzzcocks, Have I got news for you etc etc

Good move by him but the rest of us are left suffering here behind him. Colm Murphy is no use as an anchor. Neil Delamare was funny until he ruined himself by doing those lotto ads and the slot on breaking ball (plus he’s a biffo). Ed Byrne was a tool. Andrew Maxwell is alright but tries to hard. They had Tommy Tiernan on it a few times but it was as if he was contractually bound not to say anything funny. And as long as this show has been on they’ve never EVER had a funny woman on it. That tit from the Gerry Ryan show, Grainne Seoige, the Mayo Rose of Tralee, Mrs. Doyle, Mairead Ray Darcy Show etc etc etc.[/quote]

i hav never really watched mock the week…i must take a look at it…ed byrne was on “have i got news for you” before and he came across as an absolute knob…not even on the same planet as the likes of merton and hislop when it comes to wit…

Merton is a genius when it comes to ad-lib comedy

absolutely unbelievable…i think he is the dogs bollocks…considering that have i got news for you if going for the bones of 20 years yet it is still fresh funny and original is a testiment to the quick wit and comic genius that is merton and hislop…

Have I Got News For You is totally scripted, The Panel went out live until some dick in the audience started causing trouble

parts of it are in fairness but you see the class of merton and hislop when someone makes a mistake or gaff(normally the guest presenters they had) and they are so sharp they would cut you

Annoying cunts

Who the fook said they’d get up on her? Sick fooks.

[quote=“padjo”]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/9/69132570_8d595c991d.jpg

Annoying cunts[/quote]

Referring to my Big Brother expert Big Book on Body Language, I’d say Ray looks a small bit uncomfortable with his arm around her there. It’s like as he’s thinking ‘I really love her and want to show her that but I know people will say I could do better’.

She’s not that bad either in a ‘live in the real world’ kind of way. She would probably be better looking than at the very least 50 per cent of women her age in all fairness.

Is she 60?

If fellas had the same high standards they profess on internet message boards and to a lesser extent with their mates in the pub there’d be a fair amount of virgins around and an extremely vibrant singles scene.
maybe there is?

[quote=“gola”]If fellas had the same high standards they profess on internet message boards and to a lesser extent with their mates in the pub there’d be a fair amount of virgins around and an extremely vibrant singles scene.
maybe there is?[/quote]

Ah yeah, I’d bang a minger all right. But marry one and settle down and have a kid with her? Nah, especially not if I was a relatively famous TV presenter and radio DJ. He can surely do far, far better than that ugly frump. Think about it, there’s probably a load of young, hot, dirty birds around the age of 20 who grew up watching him presenting The Den and would gladly take pipe off him in a sugar daddy type way. And instead he ends up with that beast. No, that’s unacceptable.

I’ve got links to all the episodes of season 6 of mock the week if anyone wants them

Bandage, you speak sense. This thread should now be locked as there is nothing more to say on the matter.

Apparently D’Arcy is fairly lame at pulling the birds. He was seen by a girl I know in Ri Ra making a show of himself a few years ago locked drunk dribbling over birds in a most immature fashion more akin to what ROG was at in Coppers that time. You’d think he’d have a right doll on his arm, though in fairness he is tiny. Kelly wouldn’t be my cup of tea, either aesthetically or aurally, but maybe they’ve something in common. I couldn’t handle that Monkstown accent myself.

without doubt he could do better and I think he did in the past, wasn’t he going out with yer wan Geri May from kids telly for years? She was fairly tasty in fairness and I think he gave her the gate.

My point was more about the over the top language of ‘minger’ ‘beast’ ‘you’d want to be sick to go near her’ used about at worst average looking women. There’s no way that Jenny wan is repulsive or anything near it. She wouldn’t be stopping traffic at any stage but the vast majority of mid to late 30s women wouldn’t be either in all fairness.

Look around ya at lads you know of that age and the women they’re married to and don’t be settin your sights too high me aul son!!

[quote=“padjo”]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/9/69132570_8d595c991d.jpg

Annoying cunts[/quote]

He’s no beaut either.