Re: Weekend Flutter

?10 Treble for tonight:

Over 2.5 goals in
Charlton - ManUre 5/6
Citeh - Portsmouth evs
Boro - Chelsea 10/11

Returns ?70

Anyone got anything? Think I’m going to give up my footie accumulators as they’re too hard to get.

Pile mortgage, child support and bail security money on Dublin perhaps?

Another school of thought Bandage might be to keep your betting money to finance your trips to Glasgow and Manchester.

Dubs to beat Mayo with the handicap (-3) @ 10/11 should be the starting point of any accumulator this weekend. Reckon they will manage that easy enough. I’m gonne tack on two soccer matches to that for myself as well to make it:

Dublin to beat Mayo with handicap (-3) 10/11
Fulham to beat Chef Utd 10/11
Spuds to beat Everton 8/11

Only a small bet of ?10 for me though, still a bit away from payday. Returns ?62.95.

Hurling final

Cork 10/11 with handicap of -1.0 on PP

KK evens +1

Is that 1 point or a goal handicap?

Thats quiet good, especially with KK missing JJ Delaney

It’s defo points and that’s great odds on Cork.

Was reading the Tribune last night as I didn’t get a look at it on Sunday and the guys who does the betting column predicted a Mayo win between 1 and 3 points at 5/1. His last line was something like, ‘If McDonald and Mortimer deliver, Moran uses his bench wisely and they get an all important goal then they will do it.’

Scarily true.

Steady on old bhoy before you put the child benefit, single parent allowance, salary and any other lose change on that one Bandage.

I think it will be as tight as that and tonight, Tuesday, before teams are announced I’m siding with the Leinster champions.

Cork won’t get more than around the 20 point mark, and even allowing for a superb half back line there could be trouble inside. Kilkenny have the best forward line around so 20 points is very doable.

Granted Delaney is gone but Kavanagh is a great replacement and would make nearly every other team in the country. Speaking of corner backs, how Wayne Sherlock is not a starter for Cork is a mystery to me.

Cork have proven themselves great champs, even when they’ve looked vulnerable v Waterford and Limerick they’ve dug deep and pulled through, but they play the most ruthless team in the country on Sunday. KK will go for goals and I fancy the rock to spend alot of time facing his own goal with the cork backs generally unsettled by the KK movement.

Factor in the dislike that exists between the 2 teams and it could be a great tussle, but coz its Cork and Kilkenny again neutral interest will be pretty tepid.

So Kilkenny to win, but not putting the SSIA on it.

Interesting Appendage. You’re the first person I have seen tip Kilkenny. They are a ruthless bunch of fookers alright and I admire their tendency to go for the jugular by placing the emphasis on goals all the time. I’m going to have a good think about this over the next few days.

I agree on Sherlock, he should definitely be in ahead of Pat Mulcahy. I also think Kilkenny are now better equipped than last year to disrupt Cork’s running game with Cha Fitzpatrick playing excellently in midfield and Eddie Brennan a revelation at wing forward. They’ll need either Shefflin or Comerford to curb Curran’s dominance though. Still expecting Cork to win it by virtue of their overall strength - think KK are carrying 2, 3 or maybe even 4 weak links.

Really looking forward to it - neither side will lack any motivation anyway.

By the way the rock I refer to is the Cork full back and not therock67. Just incase there was any doubt…

I hurled one game for my primary school years ago - I didn’t disgrace myself but at the same time I don’t think I did enough to warrant selection for Cork on Sunday. Probably better off that they go with the more established O Sullivan considering the importance of the day.

International football weekend, notoriously easier to predict the results. Here my accumulator:

Czechs to beat Wales at home. Wales have a gash manager and never play well away from home.

Holland to win in Luxembourg. Obvious.

Italy to beat Lithuania at home. World Champions return home.

Sweden to win in Latvia. These fooks always qualify well.

Poland to beat Finland at home. Beenhakker will sort the Poles out.

Spain to beat Liechtenstein at home. Obvious.

England to beat Andorra at home. Obvious.

Scotland to beat Faroes at home. Not so obvious!

Will be short odds but a decent chance.

Have continued to flit money away recently but haven’t posted what I’m doing in a while so here’s today’s bets:

?10 accumulator on:

Reading to win at Sheff Utd
Everton to beat Wigan at home
Villa to win at Watford
ICT to beat Dundee Utd at home
Sunderland to beat Leicester at home

Pays out ?350.

Also:

?62.50 on Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink,
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink,
Jan Vennegoor,
Jan Vennegoor,
Jan Vennegoor of Hesselink to score at any time during the 90 minutes against Hunfermline today at 4/5.

Fook, no joy yesterday. Today it’s:

?30 on Hibs at 4/1 to beat Rangers. That is cracking value. The huns have been terrible away from home this seasonn and were brutal away in Norway on Thursday night. They’ve not had much recovery time and Hibs are coming into it on theback of a 3-0 win away to Dundee United last week. Hibs have beaten them a few times over the last few seasons too.

Then a ?10 accumulator on:

Hibs to draw with Rangers at 12/5
Chelsea at 8/11 to win at home to Pool
ManU at evens to win at home to Arsenal

Pays out around ?120.

If you want to win some money then do some combination the opposite of what I’ve done.

Hibs are a very good side so was very surprised to see them at that price. Think most bookies just assume that Rangers are as strong as they were when in reality they’re pish. Hibs could have beaten them by 4 or 5 by all accounts. I wonder if Le Guen will stay there for a full season? Pinning their hopes on kids on loan from ManU as Celtic sign players from Real Madrid, PSV…and Wolves.

thanks bandage i won a few bob on hibs as a result of your post. the huns are fucked and are there for the taking next week

No problem, I seek nothing but an exalt in return! Looking forward to Saturday now but I don’t want to get over confident (should pump them though).

Excellent call on Hibs there Bandage, unfortunately on a one month break from gambling at the moment so didn?t follow.

Does anyone follow Tony Cascarino?s tips in the Racing Post? He?s been on cracking form recently, tipped Everton last week and Arsenal/Reading this weekend. Have never gone with his selections myself because I just don?t trust him but my cousin swears Big Cas has paid for his last two holidays, fair enough there were weekend trips to Courtown-but still! Registration is free at www.racingpost.co.uk

Whats TFk.com punters take on this weekends internationals?

Any decent accumulators?