Re: Weekend Flutter

Had a quick glance at the odds for Wednesday’s fixtures and noticed Latvia at 5/2 to beat the occupied territories in Windsor Park. The 6 counties have been on a decent run in the last 2 games but Latvia have been going well too and hammered Iceland at the weekend. 5/2 looks like excellent value to me.

I definitely have a bad habit of betting against teams purely because I don’t like them but still this one does warrant some consideration. We saw how Ulster minus Donegal, Cavan and Monaghan collapsed at home to Iceland a while back when there was huge expectation among the filth that support them. In fairness they’ve proven to be plucky underdogs but I wouldn’t be surprised to see them fall flat on their faces again. As you say Latvia won easily against Iceland the other day too.

What’s the general outlook on tonight? I’m thinking of lumping on Barca but would be interested to hear the views of others.

Feeling bold after last night, was watching the Celtic game and was very impressed with the opening 60seconds so I whipped open my Betfair account and got on at 2.54. Took away some of the pain of the weekend.

It was a great night for gambling last night, unless you backed Arsenal. I’d say the bookies took a few hammerings on accumulators on the favourites in 5 or 6 of the matches.

I haven’t looked at tonight’s odds at all - I’ll be out so won’t be betting I don’t think. Hate when you can’t see even 1 match you’ve bet on.

Collected 238.20 at lunch time on a 20 accumulator from last night.

As far as I recall Celtic were 6/5, Milan 8/13, Porto 5/6 and Real Madrid 8/13. Thought it might combine to be about 5/1 but to get 9 or 10/1 was a nice surprise. Havent had time to research tonight so not going to do anything.

Or even 11/1 now that I try add up.

Anyone going with anything tonight?

Newcastle should overcome Fener tonight I think - 10/11 with PP.

Livorno at 4/5 looks decent enough. I think Sevilla will win away (at Liberec is it?).

bandage’s money earned on an accumulator for the champo league got me thinking. if you look at the 12 heino cup games on this weekend i think there’s potential there for money to be won. in the close ties the french teams are at home so you’d have to back them and i wouldn’t be 100% sure that ulster will beat toulouse (i think they will but wouldn’t include them in a large accumulator coz it might balls it up). i’ve gone for perp to beat treviso, wasps to beat castres in london, agen to beat edinburgh in agen, leinster to beat gloucester, sale to pump the ospreys, stade francais to beat calvisano, bourgoin to beat cardiff in france, leicester to beat munster, london irish to beat the scarlets in london, the reivers to beat parma and biarritz to dispose of northampton. going to put some quid on it myself. 12 outcomes bound to be some cash to be made.

what you all think ?

I’m uploading that odds accumulator spreadsheet I did before here.

It’s useful when you are doing multiple bets like bandage did and want to check the potential winnings before you put it on.
[file name=iHI8Zxcs__calc.xls size=71680]http://www.thefreekick.com/components/com_fireboard/uploaded/files/iHI8Zxcs__calc.xls[/file]