Reckless Tackles/Challenges We All Love To See

He won a league with Marseille in 90, leeds in 91 and utd in 92.

A supremely talented player who made those around him better.

If you don’t appreciate Cantona you don’t know your arse from your elbow

1 Like

Cantona was crap.

I’ve no business getting involved in this liverplix vs traffordplix nonsense.

I hope your wind up attempt catches someone for you mate

3 Likes

Cantona is ‘remembered’ as one of the greatest ever players for the most successful club in the history of the English league. Whether he is a bit overrated is a separate point but that’s the esteem he’s held in by man United fans and theyre constantly singing his name and have him up near the top of any fan poll.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s subjective… A club that hadn’t won the league in 27 years were happy to ignore his limitations. Obviously, neutral fans could see his limitations, particularly in Europe, and label him a good player but not a great… He did have some great moments. A bit like Gerrard at Liverpool.

2 Likes

Swanning about against the likes of Sunderland, Oldham and Swindon would have had him as a GOAT at OT but to become a GOAT at a European heavyweight you’d need to be doing it on a hot sweaty night in Istanbul.

Flat track bully in a poor EPL era. Went missing in Europe. Far from the most influential player on that Leeds team, Gordon Strachan did more for Leeds to win it than Cantona

1 Like

Cantona had that je ne sais quoi as Derek trotter used to say

1 Like

Sign him up

Francis Jeffers has really gone up in my estimation there

Few tasty ones in a match that could be described as feisty.

1 Like

Oh fuck yes :heart_eyes:

6 Likes

Men at it

2 Likes

Wondefully timed challenge.

Not his first rodeo

1 Like

he got a 2 match ban for that :eek:

AFL has a ridiculous set up that the injury to the player can somewhat determine the suspension. So because Bailey Smith wasnt knocked out or suffered an injury, it meant Picket would technically only get a 1 week game, but they “upgraded” it a bit to give him 2 weeks. Far less incidents, but with a worse outcome have got 4 or 5 weeks, but the injury was the determining factor. I like their overall disciplinary process, but it still has its flaws