Reckless Tackles/Challenges We All Love To See

Not reckless, but a lovely hit

1 Like

Meh

Best shoulder I ever saw was by a lad called niall Morris, an absolute gent, in an all Britain final. He’d been poleaxed completely unaware as we were making our way back to the dressing room after the warm up, and the opposition were running out. Some big limerick oaf playing for London in as nasty an oul game as you could wish for . He wasn’t even looking. He said natin, but about 15 minutes into the second half, your man was soloing down the sideline and he shouldered him right headfirst into the dugout. Your man was left scrabbling on the floor amongst the plastic chairs. Not even a free. One of my favourite sporting moments ever.

4 Likes

Never heard of him.

1 Like

3 Likes
1 Like

Deep breaths are needed.

1 Like

What was worse was Forde tweeting about it…

a sly shot from D’arcy.

Pity about the camera angle.

1 Like

:flushed: RIP

And you have the gall to call Cathal Mannion windy

1 Like

Can’t find a video clip, but this one was a right dunt

3 Likes

I have a clip of it on a video analysis piece I use to show the best example of a shoulder. Couldnt find a better hit than that.

Of course Mickey Harte was moaning about it after because Peter Harte went off injured as a result of it.

1 Like

I don’t see the connection but you seem to have an awful horn for Cathal.

He said Tyrone should have had a free for it which they should have as Harte had not full control of the ball.

cunniffehit

A ferocious double haymaker

you can shoulder a man when moving in the direction of the ball to play it, it doesnt matter if you have control or not.

3 Likes

Correct, he’s also protected under the “you couldn’t hit them Tyrone cunts hard enough” rule

12 Likes

You were too afraid to play a bit of 5 a side because some fat cunt was roughing you up and you have no issue calling sportsmen at a decent level windy

1 Like

Best hit I’ve ever seen was watching a club hurling game in Kerry once upon a time and a fella picked up the ball by the sideline and had just about straightened himself up when he was met fair and square with an absolute belter of a shoulder, that he never saw coming. There was a crack off it that echoed around the ground and the whole place just went silent. He just crumpled up into a ball on the ground. I actually thought he was dead, he was down for about 5 minutes, but walked off under his own steam eventually, though he was subbed.