Red wine

… is fucking superb. Can’t get enough of the shit. Having myself a nice Pinot Noir at the moment and merrily pouring back the glasses. It’s a more mature form of drunkenness. Celtic Tiger’s alive and well in Co Meath.

You could put a few bottles of that stuff away for the price of a round of lagers Rocko. There’s a certain satisfaction to giving one in the eye to the publican by drinking at home.

i agree- drinking at home with a few spliffs is the way forward

I haven’t spliffed or yoked in a while as I like to donate blood as much as I’m allowed. But yeah, getting blasted at home while roaring abuse at Pat Kenny is as good a sport as any of a Friday night.

There’s a question answered that I’ve long meant to ask on here - does spliffing prevent you from giving blood? Assume it does now.

I used to have a bottle of wine now and again or share a brace of bottles but I’ve a new fondness for a bottle to myself. There’s a nice pace to it - can go slow or fast without ruining anything (unlike beer) and you’re not fecking off to the jacks every so often to expell a can of Bavaria.

Having said all that I’ve a few cans of Beamish in the fridge and might just tuck into those to get me over the line.

never knew that about spliffing and blood-

Drugs aren’t cool ncc…grow up man…

Just got a text from TFK astro team stalwart Stevie G suggesting that we begin our Saturday ‘night out’ tomorrow afternoon at 4pm. ‘Let’s put the session back into recession’ as the man himself said. Not a big wine man myself though other than when I end up in some dingy wine bar after the nightclub closes. That said, there was a period about 3 or 4 years ago when myself, Jugs and desc4 used to have a regular ‘find the cheapest bottle of wine in Dublin’ competition and we’d be drinking mugs of a €3.99 bottle of red wine from Spar on a Tuesday or Wednesday evening.

drugs are bad

went to a supermarket in Italy while i was over there in august - cartons of wine for 60c

i get a dose of trojan indigestion from red wine…probably as i try and drink it the same way i would try and drink a bacardi and coke…

Also, you can’t give blood if you’ve a tattoo. I think so anyway.
It’s a handy excuse for me.

Not quite sure about spliffing but there are a few tough questions on the questionaire about ‘The White Lady’ and whether you’ve been fondling monkeys in sub saharan Africa. I try to stay clean living just in case, I’m pushing on for my 10th donation, you get a silver pen I think.

you couldnt give blood after a decent stag thats for sure:p

I was drinking stuff like that in australia. Goons of wine. Doesn’t so much get you drunk as gradually shuts down your motor skills and causes your limbs and brain activity to go limp. Wasn’t worth it.

can’t give blood if you have had an S.T.I either i believe SS**…

yeah - used to drink it myself in OZ- very cheap way of getting pissed

You’d be ok Puke, virgins don’t get S.T.I.'s.

hardy har har:p…

Yeah I think I looked into it before and wasn’t sure so just left it.

Can’t believe you’re that close to a silver pen though and you’re not camped outside Pelican House.

Bandage, you don’t have to spend much to get a reasonable bottle (not that I’d have a clue) but just get a mediocre type thing and try a few different types to see what you like and you won’t look back.

Went through a spell of drinking wine when I was around 17/18. Remember discussing it with Juhniallio one night and we reckoned that Winos were called Winos for a reason - because they’d clearly worked out that wine got you most bang for your buck. Don’t know if that is the case but it’s certainly a pleasant way to spend an evening.