Reeling in the years

The omission of the League 2 play off final in 1999 was disgraceful

Breathless by The Corrs in 2000. Prime Andrea Corr.

1 Like

Reeling in the years went to shit after 1999. All trendy shite. Must have left a co op student pick the news

It’s too recent.

1 Like

No too much showbiz compared to actual historical events for my liking

Ardmonaghan Falls, in the heart of Tullamore. :grin:

Bertie Ahern appearing on RTE’s Premiership highlights show, The Bertie Bowl, Samantha Mumba, Ireland beating the Dutch and Iran. 2001. What a year.

3 Likes

Reeling in the Years good for American news usually. Anything happen over there that year?

George Bush became president!

Steven Alkin on interview duties with Big Mick in Tehran there.

Bertie complaining about naysayers shooting down the Bertiebowl.
“Sum of dem never go to matches and now dere experts” Shrugs sadly…

What a guy. He was on the wireless there a month ago and ruminated that
“I was always wary of Boris, I don’t tink he’s fond of telling de troot”….

8 Likes

:rofl: Bertie wouldn’t know the trooth if it hit him on the shnoze. Cunt can’t lie straight in bed.

1 Like

The period from Ronan Keating hosting the MTV Europe Music Awards to Munster’s second Heineken Cup, with Bertie presiding over a booming economy, was as good as it will ever get for Ireland.

8 Likes

We all partied

1 Like

I got a handjob off a back row member of the Munster ladies rugby team in the icon the night Munster won their second Heineken Cup

11 Likes

I got headbutted outside Flannerys and puked over Sarsfield Bridge. You win this one.

10 Likes

What a time to be alive.

Watched it in a corporate box in Croker attending Republic of Ireland v Serbia

A classic 90s moment

That Serbia match was the only match in my life I’ve been on Hill 16 (albeit in temporary seating)

1 Like

I’d say there were incredible levels of alcohol intake among tfk posters during the period in question.