Reeling in the years

A poor man’s Christy Heffernan.

Very different players

1 Like

Another enjoyable episode from 1994 tonight. It’s a lovely little tradition every August. You know the summer is drawing to a close when Reeling in the years acquires the 6.30 slot due to a shortened News.

3 Likes
  1. The year that bruton lived out his fantasy of licking out the hole of one of the saxe coburg gotha crowd
1 Like

An absolute banger from the Corr’s led perfectly into the two All-Ireland finals of 95’. Didn’t realise Digifone was being touted that early in play. Denis O’ Brien was a visionary saying every farmer and child over 10 would have a phone in the future.

The Luas and the Eurovision from Millstreet. Mary Kennedy got better looking with age. Was better in 2005 than 95’.

Busy year for Michael Lowry, getting Esat the mobile license then launching the Luas.

If you want to get something done, ask a busy man.

1 Like

The scenes from the Ireland v Netherlands play-off at Anfield is always a fitting way to draw the curtain on that episode of Reeling in the Years. Perfect placement.

1 Like

Possibly the definitive end moment of Ireland’s Wonder Years 1985-1995.

1 Like

Very few fellas could pull off smoking a fag like Big Jack.

Some tune to finish too.

2 Likes

They skipped 1993 this week for some reason.

For a programme that finished 14 minutes ago, some fellas have skipped reality.

Mary Kennedy introduces the Eurovision from the Point Theatre, Jack Charlton was smoking a cigar.

1 Like

I had similar thought myself when i saw him. I play a game, he/shes dead. A loud it pity that cunt isnt when i saw him

1 Like

Joanne probably got it pulled to piss Joe Brolly off.

11 Likes

Nothing happened in 93

Just caught most of the 1996 episode on the +1 there. Thought I’d missed the iconic All-Ireland’s from that year but thankfully I was in for a treat near the end as they swiftly followed on after the Michelle Smith-De Brúin controversy. An idle plastic bag floating in the goalmouth as the Mayo defence got caught out by a quick Graham Geraghty free.

The early to mid 90’s were a tough period for Ben Dunne too between being caught with drugs and hidden payments to Charlie Haughey.

1997 tonight.

We used to be a proper country.

2 Likes

Poor Albert Reynolds.

1 Like

The Bert

Those lads had a way of doing business. Mick Lowry too.

There was no housing crisis when them fellas were knocking around.