Referendum 2024

That genuinely all seems very reasonable but is there a need to have a referendum on that?

I’ll admit I am late to the party on this but where is the current constitution failing specifically?

I don’t even understand the question I’m afraid :man_shrugging:

I support the amendment from my reading of it, it’s not blindly anything

1 Like

The constitution can only be changed by referendum

Agreed. Where is the constitution falling down though?

It’s sexist against both women and men and also discriminates against people in durable non-married relationships

1 Like

Thanks @Cheasty

From my own perspective though, this is an opportunity to give the current crowd a kick up the hole.

While its forgiven, my proposed exclusion from society for not taking a medical product is still on the back of my mind in terms of the next election.

I remember how annoying it was to go into a restaurant for a bite to eat ahead of Limericks games in Dublin in 2021 or to go into a pub in Christmas 2021 without a vaccine passport in Limerick city.

2 Likes

You’re deliberately corrupting the political process by voting to discriminate against innocent women and men and children based on entirely unconnected health fiction

Sounds like you’d have voted no to the divorce referendum.

Always the victims

https://twitter.com/Dailigh/status/1759699482776674774

There actually is. Any stay at home mother who gets divorced will have to go out to work.

1 Like

He makes a very compelling case and isn’t at all going bald.

Paddy may do more harm than good here

Whatever about an enduring relationship, let’s hope it’s an endurexing relationship. If not you really have to worry.

1 Like

Wasn’t Thomas Byrne TD the fella who ratted out Barry Cowen over his drink driving case?

He’s getting schooled here by Peadar Toibin.

2 Likes

Thomas Byrne tying himself up in knots here. His answer for every question seems to be “it happens all the time, what’s the big deal?”

2 Likes

Thomas Byrne TD has just said he’s ok with bigamy and that an already married person in another relationship constitutes “a durable relationship” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: He’s ok with bigamy. Peadar Tobin tearing him a new one here :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Peadar is a bit of a bollox but he is deadly at argueing.

1 Like

Lady in the crowd landed another few punches on poor Thomas there.

1 Like

That little 17 year old chap is a future leader of Fine Gael.

No he didn’t, you’re accusing half of Ireland of bigamy however, I’m not sure why you’d do that