Referendum 2024

You still have that swastika on your profile picture, mate.

RTE screaming about how impartial they are politically but licking the hole of the US Democrat Party at every opportunity while sticking the boot into Trump and the Republicans every chance they get.

Trump is a lunatic but the coverage is so one sided it’s laughable. Biden’s junkie son was even feted in their coverage on his last state visit here.

1 Like

The Gemmaroids are hopping here

Anyone, anyone at all able to answer this??
What are the legal implications if these amendments are passed?

You can’t really proclaim much expertise now after not understanding the very concept of broadcasting a couple of minutes ago.

2 Likes

I know bias when I see and hear it.

1 Like

It’s OK, @maroonandwhite’s relationship with his blow up sex doll still won’t be recognised.

Not much from the women in the home one I don’t think. The wording in the constitution is at least out-moded and not reflective or society. It was used in the past to justify legislation such as the civil service marriage ban. Not sure it has much of a current impact if removed but it’s more a case of making the referendum fit for purpose. And not really much of a downside to that.

I told a lie. I renewed my passport last year so that was a nice little contribution to the Irish Exchequer. I have an interest. Hopefully @Cheasty and other net drains on the economy will still get the hint and pipe down.

So from reading here it’s a referendum about nothing. Just a virtue signal?

Looking forward to reading some excellent analysis on it from gript. Some of the only true journalism left in Ireland it seems.

The marriage one appears to be more relevant. Recent supreme court case allowed for an extension of family rights beyond marriage but that was after a series of appeals and was still a split judgement. So it does offer more opportunity to legislate for families who aren’t united by marriage. And the opposition is really just from Catholic groups who want to “protect marriage.”

Could :rofl:

The rest of that post, a sad look into the ramifications of life on welfare. Very sad.

What I said is true, mate. And you know it. And it hurts you.

You who stalked a woman to Australia, freaked out doxxing and threatening to doxx (knowing you will never be in a position where your employer might be contacted or your good name damaged) are certainly somone who’s opinion I take seriously. And others. You’re a real go getter.

Oh he’s rattled

A broken mind. And a full projection.

Not sure that’s the case, for example Michael McDowell is of the opinion that a ‘durable relationship’ is not legally defined and may lead to unforeseen consequences in relation to tax, immigration, pension law etc.

10 Likes

Thanks for the reply boss.
How does changing the wording of Article 41.2 infer any more rights on women, or remove any legal impediments thereon, that are not covered by Article 45?

Yeah true. None of which is for the constitution to sort out really.

Yes, but the opposition is not just from Catholic groups.

4 Likes