Regrets

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1037987, member: 367”]travelling is overrated
i previously worked as a contractor living out of suitcases and hotel rooms, in one 2 month period i was in Seoul, Portland OR, Nizny Novgorod, Dresden and Dublin, it was horrible[/QUOTE]

Ah yeah of course that specific thing you did is overrated, you crammed too much into a short space, were working while doing it and possibly under pressure, living out of hotels is shit. I mean moving to a place for 12 months and living there, that’s different.

You could put yourself into a tizzy with regards to regret. All you can do is not make the same mistakes again. I regretted coming home after a session at 08:30 in the morning still bollixed and the kids were up after a nights sleep. I went off the booze for 7 weeks and that squared me off in my mind.
Some of the regrets mentioned you can do something about it. That as I said in my mind levels things up.

Yawn.

its one problem you’ll never have anyway you self righteous, judgemental prick

+1.

look, in hindsight its good you did that then and learned the lesson instead of say doing it in front of the kids a few years later with a woman you had married.
shit happens

I was a serious Irish dancer up to the age of 10/11 but gave it up cause it wasn’t cool. :rolleyes:

bad form bud

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1038046, member: 367”]look, in hindsight its good you did that then and learned the lesson instead of say doing it in front of the kids a few years later with a woman you had married.
shit happens[/QUOTE]

Thinly veiled “I quietened my crazy wife with middle eastern efficiency” there from Micky.
Did you leave any marks on her or will she be wearing shades for a few weeks mick?

[QUOTE=“fucked out, post: 1038057, member: 1495”]Thinly veiled “I quietened my crazy wife with middle eastern efficiency” there from Micky.
Did you leave any marks on her or will she be wearing shades for a few weeks mick?[/QUOTE]

what a disgusting post,
The police should be made aware of your IP address

Absolutely. It’s an ongoing thing really.

do bud. never too late.

im also a workaholic and regularly sacrifice my family and personal life for the glory of my job, i do regret not having time to post on here, talk to my wife or play football from june - december 2011 where i worked >12 hours every day ( apart from Yom Kippur in october where it was impossible to work but afterwards me and my boss worked on something till 4am)
the day of russia and ireland in 2011 i worked from 0800 - 11pm onsite, went home till 1am and back down onsite till 7-30am, went home slept till 11am and back in till 9pm, it was my mrs bday the next but i couldnt see why it was important

Some of you fellows should realise that staying out of the wife’s hair and letting her get on with the important job of rearing the children is probably the best all round for the family. Nothing worse than seeing fathers ruining their children by spending too much time around them.

I’m not gonna lie, I do wonder this at times. It’s a difficult one to nail down to be honest. Who’s to say the previous generation were correct anyway? But then in theory ‘we’ turned out ‘alright’ so maybe a situation akin to my parents where my father somehow never changed a nappy in his life is the way to go. I honestly can’t say to be honest Fagan, all I can do is trust my gut and make the most of the time, the smiles and the memories when they come, it’s going by awfully fast already.

As for regrets, there are many, far too many, but that’s life. Who’s to say one path not taken would have worked out better than the one chosen? I sometimes regret the amount of time given to team sports and how it took over my life at the time. When I came out of the bubble I could see clearer and the questions came, things I missed out on becuase there was a match, training, etc. Still I have great memories from those times so are there really regrets or simply opportunity costs? It is what it is I guess.

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1038060, member: 367”]what a disgusting post,
The police should be made aware of your IP address[/QUOTE]

I’m the least of the cops worries pal. It’s the woman beaters and their apologists on here who need to theirs IP’s passed on to the fuzz.

Exactly. They will end up like @Fitzy kid who has to feign injury to stop his father living out his sporting dreams through him.

:smiley:

Yes but you don’t want to be the Cats in the Cradle guy either. That song is on repeat in my head all morning.

Regret is a wasted emotion.