Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

That’s great to know, people should die because you’re getting bored and pissed off.

1 Like

There’s still people waltzing into the country from flights all over the world mate … have a good think on that. We’re not in lock down at all and we’re not trying to stop the spread — we’re trying to keep hospital numbers down as best we can, that’s about it.

1 Like

And we’d be preparing for a hell of a lot more if we weren’t in lockdown.

1 Like

That’s the reality of it that people are just ignoring. It’s ok to be afraid mate - but we either let the majority of the population get it or find a vaccine - we’re not gonna keep living like this for too long.

1 Like

But a lot of vulnerable and elderly people might forgo or not get offered treatment for many other conditions that might lead to them dying.

Nobody is saying ‘im bored get the championship going again so i have something to gamble one’ its trying to evaluate the long term risk by continuing a lockdown.

Mind you the lockdown now is too half hearted really they should have went flat out for a month or 6 weeks, no congregating and certainly no access to the country bar citizens who then be put into monitored quarantine on return. That joke is still ongoing, other countries such as Denmark and Oz didn’t drop the ball on closing their borders.

Our actions impact what happens.

Of course the airports should be shut down to free travel, that’s blood on the governments hands but if you’re pissing in your pants about having non-essential goods, services and activities shut down because you’re bored then that is just pathetic.

Following these guidelines will slow the virus down, it will reduce the casualty list of this virus and now is not the time to be thinking about your own personal interests.

This situation is a great way of identifying the dimwits who don’t have enough brain cells to think of ways to keep themselves occupied.

No excuse for anybody to be bored.

Where did I say I was bored or wanted my own interets looked after? You’re making stuff up now. I’m giving you a dose of reality. We are on half lock down. And it’s not to save lives, it’s merely to slow the rate so we can handle it — a vaccine is 18 months off — we wont be staying in for 18 months no matter how scared you may be. The reality is that life has to go on and shur your god will protect everyone that needs protecting wont he?

It’s herd immunity or vaccine. Has been since day 1. FACT.

the only people flying into Ireand are people from Ireland, don’t mind that shite you see on twitter

1 Like

I thought we had a man on the ground saying otherwise. Even if they are oirish they should be quarantined for two weeks. Not handed a fuckin leaflet

They shouldn’t. That’s a failure of government if they do. I know someone who is up in Altnagevlin this minute recovering from cancer surgery, it’s scary times for them that they not only had the prospect of fighting cancer, undergoing huge surgery and now hoping that they can avoid a rampant infection but that’s the way it is.

The virus is here and there is nothing we can do to change its presence.

We can take steps though to limit its impact on our society, we can take steps to slow down its spread, we take these steps to protect the vulnerable and elderly. We may not like them, we make suffer inconvenience from them but its utterly depressing reading some of the selfish and apathetic comments on here. The world is not all about you and your happiness, I think of my parents and their generation - all the times Mamma and Pappa have stood behind me, sometimes at great cost and sometimes when I didn’t deserve it. All the people of their generation who have had such a wonderful impact of my life and upbringing. It’s the very least we can do for those people, the bare minimum but some people would rather be out drinking pints or eating some meal in a pretentious resaturant, swilling back warm beer on some shitehole resort in Spain and that’s sad.

2 Likes

A lot of Irish still out there in Lyon and Nantes and Frankfurt and Texas ? - Must be the travellers coming home for the 350 government payout.

If its 18 months we go for 18 months.

We suffer, we keep people alive - the ends WILL justify the means.

What about if other areas of the health sector start suffering more, e.g. oncology, transplants, palliative care due to additional time and resources being diverted towards Covid 19?

There isnt a hope in hell we go beyond 6 months not to mind 18 months. Get real.

It’s no surprise to see someone who believes in fairy tales cant grasp the reality of what’s really happening.

Ah, we’re looking at at least 4 weeks of this, at least.

That has little to do with a lockdown though and the personal sacrifices and choices that we, as citizens, must make.

The health service will be stretched, it’s going to come under severe strain and those are difficult decisions to make but we can make those decisions a lot easier if we all do our own bit and make the necessary sacrifices.

Do we let young people with treatable ailments die instead? All these screaming Marys will have their blood on their hands.

1 Like

I can grasp bit but I think you’re too selfish to put the needs of others ahead of your activities. We’ve seen that from an early stage with you and this epidemic.

Of what we have now, a half baked lockdown? Id say it’ll be August before things start relaxing, then there’ll be a spurt again. Any chance of them throwing up or converting somewhere to a virus only hospital