Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

Psychologically the lockdown began to end for people on the May weekend. We are going to have Leo on reading poetry and telling us it will be our fault if they can’t properly and officially relax restrictions

1 Like

Remember them. They’ll be the ones to blame when this goes bad.

1 Like

This will be a kin to when someone who hasn’t been exposed to drink in their youth goes to college and goes completely off the rails.

People are starting to become defiant and will be less careful in implementing the guidelines. Whereas if there had been a greater easing of restrictions last week then perhaps people would be more compliant (as they largely have been to date) and stick with the program as we go through the phases.

2 Likes

I haven’t noticed anything too controversial in and around Limerick city to be honest, no big change and between running and tipping around on the bikes with the kids I’m around town and particularly the river a lot, yesterday was a blazer of a day, there was a lot of people down by the river on both sides but they looked like families and couples to me, I wouldnt expect any young couple to follow the rules with where we are now, the same I’d true for the people’s park yesterday,
The news is good, people are relaxing a little bit but it’s nowhere near normal,

I would be of the same opinion roadmap is too long but an eased approach to opening will keep people on line. Like extending to 5 km was a bit patronising as no one was checking the w km anyway unless you met the guards on national road

Only a few days to go lads. You’ve done really good so far. Don’t let the side down now.

1 Like

Few days its months

Only a matter of days to the next point. Try to remain calm. You’ve been doing ever so good.

If we are good for a few more days, the arbitrary number of kms Tony picked out of his hole will be changed for a different arbitrary number he picked out of his hole

3 Likes

You’re on edge. You need to relax and go back and reread the roadmap. It’s all about holding firm now.

The Sunday Game video yesterday tipped people over the edge.

3 Likes

I’m off out to run a few 5k loops lads.

Stay zen.

Roadmap is BS those timelines will be pulled in once compliance is zero to which point its ustless

https://twitter.com/TheSpunQ/status/1259122497443762180

“It is worth remembering that people who have Covid on their death certs may not have been infected, because they may not have been tested.” :rofl:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/eileeniorio/status/1249533576628121601?s=09

Thanks but no thanks Bill.

3 Likes

If it doesn’t have to be safe I might chance making a vaccine myself

6 Likes

What ingredients would you use? I’ll be heading up to Sean Boylan for my vaccine.

1 Like

Nearly there lads. Hold firm.

A great bunch of lads the South Koreans