Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

They’ll get a vaccine for it alright. It’s just a question of how safe and effective it will be. My guess is not very safe and not very effective.

Here’s one they made earlier:

Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) emerged in China in 2002 and spread to other countries before brought under control. Because of a concern for reemergence or a deliberate release of the SARS coronavirus, vaccine development was initiated. Evaluations of an inactivated whole virus vaccine in ferrets and nonhuman primates and a virus-like-particle vaccine in mice induced protection against infection but challenged animals exhibited an immunopathologic-type lung disease.

Conclusions: Caution in proceeding to application of a SARS-CoV vaccine in humans is indicated.

The whole thing is a farce -a bit of flu and the whole world is turned upside down.

You couldn’t make it up.

Sheep looking for a vaccine before they can come out from under the bed ffs.

1 Like

Ditto. I’m very much pro-safety and pro risk management. Bill is going as fast as he can to throw together a vaccine, and as long as the indemnification piece gets sorted, @mikehunt can get a lovely jab on the arse to soften his cough, if you’ll pardon the pun.

There’s an unnerving amount of censorship of Covid-19-related news taking place. I see Eamonn Holmes is in Ofcom’s crosshairs over a comment he made in relation to 5G on This Morning.

What I don’t accept is mainstream media immediately slapping that down as not true when they don’t know it’s not true…It’s very easy to say it’s not true because it suits the state narrative. That’s all I would say as someone of the inquiring mind.

Free speech is democracy’s greatest safeguard.

2 Likes

Whats the story with 5G bro, i have a can of petrol here ready for action

Mixed performance here

I don’t know mate. But that’s not the point. The censorship is the issue here. There seems to be a huge fear from certain quarters around spreading any sort of view that deviates from the party line. There’s been a fairly strong-armed response so far, from what I can see.

Nothing more important than complete freedom of speech. Nothing as odious as the idiot lefts attempts to ‘deplatform’ any viewpoint they don’t agree with, but what do you think has been a strong armed response?

YouTube, Facebook and Twitter have basically taken the stance that all opinion that disagrees with the WHO and the stupid fucks following their recommendations is to be banned.

Let’s have a look at the record of the WHO.

December: There’s a bit of a flu in China, nothing to worry about (hundreds were dying in China).
January: There is no human to human transmission (first case of HTH Wuhan on December 6th).
February: Restrictions on air travel don’t work (they do, maybe work best actually)
March: Declares a pandemic (that started in December).
April: Masks don’t work and cause infection (bullshit)
May: Sweden has the right approach (they may have finally got something right).

3 Likes

We have to count ourselves lucky that the mainstream media are picking up the slack.

George Lee for example has always looked at a story with an open mind and not read off a script

This:

Add LinkedIn to @anon7035031’s post, and the Ofcom example in the UK. Closer to home, we have the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland chief executive Michael O’Keeffe calling for ‘tech giants’ to tackle what they deem to be fake news.

3 Likes

It has been done to death and probably posted here already, but still … open her up ta fuck.

Once freedom of speech goes, we can forget about it

Shut your mouth

Schools for the smallies reopening here 25th May. Took my daughter down to the dentist this morning. Temperature checks at the door, Covid questionnaire to complete. Bars and restaurants back next week.

5 Likes

A proper country no hiding under the bed there

1 Like

A great bunch of lads the Poles.

Crèches reopening on the sly. Cleaners back doing the rounds. People meeting up outside their household groups. What Dr Holohan refers to as “anticipatory behaviour” is happening. Many people are back doing their own thing.

1 Like

Textbook. The population have decided the pandemic is over. Whether it is or not is irrelevant.