Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

I’ve heard of a lot of people availing of the mortgage break and using that money for home improvements.

True that, but how different is Ireland really in terms of the economic impact and how dependent is the Irish economy on US MNCs and US tourism?

It’s a funny time alright. My local draper said July has been a bumper month.

Garages the same. Flogging cars like fuck.

Hardware same. Not selling cars but very busy.

Can’t get architect to do work for the house.

Accountants flat out.

Pubs shut though.

All the money lads are saving on drinking

And holidays. And the mortgage breaks. And the fact that everyone had an income for the last 4 months.

1 Like

Those lucky enough to be working from home are saving a fortune and are keen to spend. Getting a few jobs done ourselves and it’s hard to get lads. They’re up the walls. Tourism is fucked everywhere but it’ll bounce back.

2 Likes

I was fearing economic Armageddon back in early April but at this stage I believe we will get through it seems to be positive noises on the vaccine front and all going well by the end of this year early next year will we will be back to normal. Here’s hoping anyway.

2 Likes

I wonder how the non-wet pubs (Dry pubs? Doesn’t sound right) that are open are doing overall. Presumably varies a lot from place to place. Called into a local down home for dinner there earlier and it was hopping, often times you’d call in on a Friday or Saturday evening and it would be dead quiet. Has traditionally done food anyways, they’re only doing Thurs - Sun at the moment, and I’m guessing they are getting a bounce right now, but it was great to be in the place and trade being “brisk”.

We adapt.

1 Like

Was in one of our locals earlier today the 4 of us had grub and about 5 drinks each mixture of pints soft drinks etc were there about 3 hours not a bother we could have stayed longer if we wanted. Owner runs a tight ship and was a bit paranoid about people he didn’t know coming in re phones etc.

Wouldn’t blame him being paranoid.Ireland is renowned for being full of snitches and generational systemic judgemental attitudes.

2 Likes

:joy::mask:

2 Likes

For all the Brits guff about winning 2WWs they compare wearing masks to the trenches. Rte will have that on every ad break if they had a chance

1 Like

Talking to all the lads. There is anger and resentment building now. People realise that the whole thing was a cod

The UK Office for National Statistics latest data tells you everything you need to know. The winter / spring all cause mortality numbers, when taken as a percentage of the population, shows it was nowhere near the worst season of the past 25 years.

6 Likes

Tfk is a good reflection of what I can see. 70% realise it is a cod. 25% are beginning to realise its load of shite and then you have 3 or 4 head bangers who never want it to end

4 Likes

We’re lucky to have you onboard to call out the headbangers from the cunts.

1 Like

Heard on the news there that people on the COVID payment had it stopped as they went away on sun holidays.

Proper order

1 Like

Same as everywhere.

Wasn’t there a little cunt on here a week or two ago looking for a €5k fine for breaches of covid ‘rules’. A right little prick.