Reopen the counties - the COVID-19 Edgy thread

No I wouldn’t say 6 days. I support the measures as they stand. But if we were still here in 2 or 3 months time would it be a time to admit defeat?

If people are still dying in huge numbers despite the measures, people will give up anyway.

If we’re helping keep the ICU’s from overflowing and preventing unnecessary deaths then we fight on.

Some form of restriction will be around as long as the virus is

That didn’t take long

Lol

This @ironmoth chap badly needs to broaden his reading beyond Spiked Online and the Daily Stormer.

Good to see you back old friend.

#openthepubs

I’ll go queue outside coppers right now. Beat the crowds

1 Like

Bring a few cans with you

This thing just doesnt make sense lads — the data is so different from all over the world it just doesnt add up. I think it’s time to accept that the number of infections are 10 to 20 to 40 times more than what we know and that the death rate is also much lower. There’s a couple of anomalies in there of young people dying that are frightening the shit out of people. There has to be some link as to why an otherwise healthy young person dies from this while 99% of their peers show little to no symptoms — a genetic thing, a blood thing or maybe they had something that was there that just wasnt presenting yet, who knows. Hopefully a pattern emerges over the coming months …

But I think we need to put a serious plan in place to protect all our over 60s - and let the rest of us start getting back to normality in the next 4-8 weeks… the age of those dying shows that it’s the very old that are dying. We need to properly isolate them and let the young get back to living. The numbers just dont add up at the minute to put the whole globe on hold. Italy and Spain and the Uk made a bollix of it and their numbers have been shocking - but other countries that have acted promptly seem to be managing . The sooner these soon to arrive on the market immunity tests go on sale the better - they should be here soon.

7 Likes

Lots of young people die from random shit all the time due to anomalies. Don’t worry so much about COVID-19, anything can kill ya.

It’s the elderly that are the concern here (by and large). We need to insulate them

Yeah - tear off your thermal boiler insulation and stuff all old people with it.

No I doubt that would work tbh

1 Like

It’s possible the younger people dying had conditions they didn’t know about and may now never know about either. It’s very inconsistent anyway. I don’t understand why New York is bad but other cities are fine. I wonder will we ever find out the truth.

You sound like you’ve your homework done. That’s good enough for me. Liked and shared.

I’d rather you do your own home work instead of piggybacking mine.

1 Like

This seems to be a perfectly acceptable approach to some. It must be great to be so well insulated from the harsh realities of economic collapse, unemployment, etc. and their knock-on impacts. Unemployment is long since known to be associated with an increased risk of suicide and death, but who cares?

4 Likes

Not even a full week down of a 2 week Lockdown and you’ve lads spewing this rubbish.

Now after another 3 weeks perhaps start a conversation but alas, people are stupid.

What metrics would you like to hit before considering lifting or some restrictions?

I think it’s fair to say at least 4 weeks of lockdown to see how those measures are working.

1 Like