Abortion Referendum Thread

The claim that a fertilised egg or a first trimester foetus is a human being is not a scientific claim.

If I cut my toenails, the clippings are human, but they aren’t human beings.

1 Like

I am in favour of the abortion in terms of rape and fatal Foetal abnormality. But when I think what if the mother to be was in a bad accident and died but the foetus was still alive and healthy and they ask the father to be if the mother should be kept alive on life support till the foetus is at a stage where it can survive outside the womb? God love anyone in that position.

But you’re against the death penalty

Yes, mate.

I can confirm that according to my feed it has. Along with lots of back slapping about the wonderful turnout on Saturday and how proud they all are of their fellow Irish gay men and women. It was a wonderful carnival atmosphere but also had an air of determination to it. A lot done more to do sort of stuff. Not much love for the straight Irish man although a few have pointed out our support is going to be very important. It’s funny the most vocal opponents to abortion I know are women but judging by the media and online narrative it’s the fault of the evil patriarchy.

Im only for the death penalty in the cases of bald goofy quislings from humberside

Too cowardly to try and do the job yourself?

Well if things keep going the way they are going in this country there won’t be too many women needing abortions

the ‘repeal’ crowd are already comparing innocent little babies to rapists and serial killers in an attempt to justify their sick minds.
its going to get vicious alright but we are ready for it.

hate been in the company of the working class mate-couldn’t stomach meeting you

No wonder you despise yourself

1 Like

Judging g by the reaction here to the thread, it will be a vicious, dirty campaign. I’d say the lads in Leinster house will kick this one way down the road.

Nonsense let it off and steer clear, you’d get a full year of distraction out of that one.

2 Likes

If there is a referendum campaign it will be a good time to bury bad news !!!

A referendum campaign to coincide with a Nama investigation would be a good bet

1 Like

While at the same time restoring tds to full salaries and expenses.

You haven’t answered the relevant question though.
What is the moral argument against terminating an unwanted pregnancy in the first trimester?

What’s your definition of "unwanted " chief. Im not trying to pick a row, I’m just wondering.

Not wanting to go though a 9 month pregnancy and giving birth to a child.

Do you not think though, there’s a huge difference between let’s say a rape/incest pregnancy and a couple being careless in terms of contraception/ one night stand and all that stuff.