Abortion Referendum Thread

So thats it, thats your counter?? God you are a hopeless arguer

Up your bollox, mate.

Thatā€™s my counter.

do those men need medical attention when they return? Are some of them in danger of life threatening conditions so have to go abroad to ride 14 year olds?

1 Like

So, your argument is that these subset of Irish people who want to deny women their right to choice over their own bodies are somehow morally superior? Morally superior than who exactly?*

Have a look at the data on the attached report. Every other European country allow unrestricted access to abortion up to some gestational period. Now look at the countries in the same legal category as Ireland, essentially all of Africa, the Middle East, and other Muslim majority countries.

If you were a woman, which subset of countries would you prefer to live in?

• Keeping in mind the same lunatics supported a church that raped the stateā€™s children for decades, incarcerated women for life for getting pregnant, and have a history of impregnating their teenage nieces.

But are those scenarios not alredy catered for in a provision that lies dormant?

People are entitled to believe that an unborn child has a right to life, you denying that right is to some people reprehensible. I didnā€™t say they were superior, but they have a belief system that is not ludicrous. And many have zero interest in church dictats on this, thats again moving the argument

Wow. Thatā€™s gotta be close to a prizewinning worst argument on either side.

But thatā€™s the belief that is hopelessly wrong. Iā€™m not denying the right to life of any potential human being. I support the right of a woman to make that choice. Itā€™s remarkable people cannot see this distinction.

Agonizing over ā€œunborn childrenā€ is a nonsensical position. One in three pregnancies end in natural abortion, thatā€™s a lot more potential human lives gone than through abortion, probably 10X at least, if not 100X. Every egg a woman produces is a potential life, so every time a couple decide to use contraception and not get pregnant, thereā€™s billions more potential lives gone. In terms of morality, there is zero difference between an embryo that is naturally aborted or one a woman decides to abort. Unless you want to start blaming God for all the natural abortions.

Argue against it then you fuckwit.

2 Likes

I found out recently that the reason some people are born left handed is because every left handed person starts off as an identical twin in the womb. Every single set of identical twins has one right handed and one left handed sibling. The weaker twin usually either dies naturally or is eaten by the stronger twin. In the great majority of cases of identical twins one of the siblings will die before the mother gives birth. Sometimes the stronger twin that survives and eats the weaker twin is the left handed one so thatā€™s why thereā€™s left handed people.

These are the beautiful unborn babies weā€™re supposed to save - people who eat their siblings alive. Fucking animals.

No need. Itā€™s so bad.

Good news for all the feminists on here

Theon Grey joy be delighted

2 Likes

Im not sure how you can equate a miscarriage to an abortion. One is a wilful act. The debate centres on whats a life i suppose. An egg prevented from fertilizing or a collection of cells as an embryo is not the same thing as a third trimester well developed, but as of yet unborn child. Should anyone have the right to end the latter on a whim is debatable at least.

Who is talking about third trimester? I dont think anyone on the forum has advocated that.

2 Likes

But nobody is arguing for that and no civilized country allows it. Do you really think so little of women that you believe they would terminate a third semester pregnancy ā€œon a whimā€?? What an appalling attitude.

In the US, and I doubt itā€™s that different in Europe, over 90% of abortions occur in the first trimester and less than 1% in the third semester. In all states elective abortion is illegal in the third semester, so outside of doctors breaking the law ( and we know some do, just like backstreet abortion was common before 1973), these cases are medical emergencies.

Personally I think the 12 week limit is sensible and 24 weeks as in the UK is too far advanced.

1 Like

Repealthe8th is not about saving womenā€™s lives. Itā€™s dangerous to peddle that horrible horrible little lie.

We are voting for unconditional abortion. If you are in danger of dying then you can abort your baby.
If you wake up and decide you donā€™t fancy a baby for lifestyle reasons then you can also exterminate that baby.

Apart from the condition of being only allowed abort in the first trimester obviouslyā€¦

nothing to do with ā€˜saving livesā€™, everyrhing to do with giving women ā€˜the choiceā€™

Whatā€™s interesting is that Harris, the snowflakes, the leftists and all the other repeal crowd would have romped home had they not insisted on and railroaded ā€˜choiceā€™. Instead focussed on ā€˜saving livesā€™. Big mistake.
It will be their downfall. There will be seriuos shrieking done.