Republic of Ireland v Georgia 12/10/19 - Switzerland 15/10/19

Threadbare isnt the word…

If we can avoid 2 defeats with that squad then it will be a great return. If we somehow manage to get 4 points then it would be the act of a miracle worker.

1 Like

An act of God more like. Akin to Richard Dunne in Moscow.

Jesus that’s very depleted.

I wonder how humid it is in Georgia this time of year.

1 Like

I was hoping Duffy would be fit.

I didn’t know McGoldrick was injured. What’s up with him?

No Brady either.

McGoldrick was “doubtful” for the Sheffield Utd game at the weekend. I took that as meaning he had a niggle but would be fine for the Ireland games.

Yeah Brady is not being reported really as an absentee because he missed the last squad but he’s a big miss too.

My levels of optimism are somewhat low.
Would have thought Connolly’s few sub appearances might have got him a call up.
Pity Didsy is out.

In fairness calling up under 21s for two critical games when they are unlikely to feature probably isn’t the right call, best keep as much continuity as you can. It is good news for Stephen Kenny though.

I thought Brady would be included even as a makeshift option at left back as he came on for Burnley at the weekend.

1 Like

Egan looked great vs Liverpool the other day – sign him up.

Who will start up front? Collins?

Jesus… A win in Georgia is looking very unlikely. Will be interesting to see if he goes for Cunningham or Doherty at left back.

Christ lads we are in big trouble here, a draw in Georgia is all you could see there. Must have a look at the group things are getting messy now. @chops91 has got us 2 tickets for the Denmark game I hope they still have some use.

Lord above … we are fucked.

happy enough with the squad

littered with current or ex Shamrock Rovers players

id expect 6 points

2 Likes

Whats the story with 'Arry Arter?

Mick doesn’t seem to rate Doherty at all.

I hope he picks Cunningham so we can see Doherty’s head explode.

Travers

dockerty
Coleman
Egan ( jesus - awful v bulgaria in firdt half and for the penalty with christy)
Long ( ah we’re fucked he’s clean useless, never plays club football - an absolute bombscare also)
mclean (god help us) - stevens v swiss

whelan
hendricks
byrne ( ok v georgia as he’s our only creative player and we may need a result - swiss may be to physical for him tho - so we’ll be looking for an nil all)

robinson
collins ( ah shur why not)

you cant play a right sided player at left full - its setting him and the team up to fail - he simply never plays there