Republic of Ireland v Georgia 12/10/19 - Switzerland 15/10/19

Fuck Richard Keogh anyway the thick fuck

yeah - look we know footballers ( juan mata aside) are thick cunts - Keogh tho… jesus- extraordinarly stupid

Long and Lenihan is a rock and a hardplace- Long is proven to be hopeless and simply dosent play for his club (ok Ben Mee and Tarkowski are very solid ) - Lenihan is raw, young and no where near the level and could be destroyed
Egan will start but he is in no way ready for international football

Is Shane Long finished?

id day so yeah
cant even make the littlewoods cup squad there now
if he was interested in pursuing the last few years of his career he’d go on loan to some crowd like ipswich
id say he’s happy to see out his contract

Three of them probably making £10k plus a week handy and they couldn’t pay for a taxi. FFS.

Could he play centre half I wonder?

yeah look the younger fellas there are clearly reprobates and you wouldn’t expect anything else
the senior pro and club captain tho- my god

I know @Big_Dan_Campbell is all about lads having played games but fuck it Ciaran Clarke is surely worth a look. He served us well in the past and has international experience at least.

He has barely kicked a ball in 18 months.

@the_man_himself
has clarke been cast aside completely by bruce?

Yes. A bit strange actually as he’s usually ok in a back 3

1 Like

I do take your point to an extent although he played 11 EPL games last season.
Whoever plays beside Egan will have many, many flaws though and little or no international experience

When can he bring them in until? Why not name them and withdraw them rather than naming some chap and dropping him?

Not sure he’d trust Collins to start upfront. He only made his debut off the bench in the last friendly. If he moves Robinson upfront then who would play the wide right role? He seemed to discount Doherty playing it after trying it in the first game in Gibraltar. Judge has come on in a couple of the games but he’s probably more comfortable playing centrally. I also think Alan Browne will come into the reckoning over these two games after scoring and playing well against Bulgaria but he’s a central midfield player.

I’d say we’re looking at the following first up:

Randolph;
Coleman, Long, Egan, Cunningham,
Hendrick, Whelan, Hourihane,
AN OTHER, Robinson, McClean.

2 Likes

Kevin

Ya he would slot in well there for the Askeaton Bs.

He played a full season there for Wolves a few years ago but I do agree in general

Christ the Swiss will be licking their lips.

Hard to see where the goals come from in that team. Aside from the defensive stuff, the loss of Duffy reduces our goal threat dramatically.

I think at this stage a good window would be somehow stumbling past the Georgians and take our beating off the Swiss. Hopefully the Swiss beat the Danes in the meantime and leave it in our hands for the last game