Republic of Ireland v Georgia 12/10/19 - Switzerland 15/10/19

I don’t think it is a case that Mick doesn’t rate Doherty. He did sign him for Wolves and gave him his debut in the EPL but I think he views him as a pretty much an option at right back only.

Coleman is pretty much a nailed on starter as captain, tough on Doherty but that is how it is.

the club had provided cars for them

dockerty is an unmerciful prick guys

3 Likes

I think you have until the day before an international game to finalise your 23 man squad. The squad at this stage is more about getting players released from their clubs.

I’d imagine this is more a case of not wanting to anger Sheffield United or Brighton if they haven’t trained.

@Big_Dan_Campbell is my LiveScore app correct in that the Georgia game is a 2pm kick off on the Saturday?

That is correct

Hope we can deal with the humidity

6 Likes

:100:

He’s also shit.

Derrick Williams miles better than lenihan. Crazy stuff.

It was a very good interview

I must read it later .

It was an interview with Richie Sadlier on the Second Captains feed. About an hour long

Life is too short . I will read the link

https://www.fai.ie/ireland/news/u21-forward-connolly-added-to-senior-squad

Aaron Connolly and Derrick Williams added to squad. Lenihan, Cunningham and Curtis out.

2 Likes

Matt Doherty at left back then?

It seems most likely, I guess. I think McClean has been used there a bit by Stoke this season. I think Lenihan and Williams play centre back for Blackburn but I have a vague recollection of Williams playing left back away to France in a friendly before the World Cup last year. I could be wrong on that though. Robbie Brady was on the bench for Burnley today so not sure why McCarthy hasn’t added him.

one of the better days in the EPL for irish players with Hendricks and Hourihane scoring , Coleman getting send off and that young lad from Galway knocking in a couple- Scott Hogan also scored and Maclean wasnt in the squad so with a bit of luck he is out for the season or something and we wont see him again.
Preston had a big win also and the 2 boys and Sheff Utd kept a clean sheet.
if this gives anything it just sends lads to camp on the up and gets a decent vibe going ,
Hopefully the decent thing is done and Kenny is allowed to stay working with Connolly and Parrott and despite the wails of the “press pack” led by Cowzer et al who are trying to create some form of tension between mick , TC and Kenny for some unknown reason and the 2 kids wont be forced into the senior squad,
I feel a bit better about this thing TBH - the decision if it comes to pass if MD plays left full will fail as he simply isnt a left full…in not sure what people are expecting tbh

micks watching JB in the showgrounds currently

Connolly has been promoted already

in all seriousness - i think this is wrong
the building of what is coming thru and getting that 21s side to a euros to experience a proper international tournament IMHO trumps at the moment what the senior side probably will achieve with or without connolly via some playoff next march.
at best he will see a couple of minutes against georgia to turn a draw into a win - he will not feature v switzerland as it will be a batten down the hatches affair-
i strongly predict we’ll emerge with one point from this foray with dan macdonnell penning more sleuth type artciles on the alleged tension between mick and kenny.
let kenny develope that side and bring it thru - thats our future - let maclean and glenn whelan do their thing on a senior level no matter how despairing it seems - if they qualify fine - if not - meh - im indifferent tbh at this stage.
the doherty situation is farce as well - id build the team around the man in a 352 v georgia at least and leave him at it on the RHS - give him a fair shot FFS - he’s the best player we have and with jack byrne is the only one who knows how to play attacking football… putting that man as a right winger or a left full?? says it all

1 Like