Republic of Ireland WNT - We're all part of Vera and Tony O'Donoghues Army

The British teams thrown in together.

Is that good?

“Chinese Taipei” :rollseyes:

South East Asia seem to be better at the women’s soccer than the men’s. Could be because half the women over there have knobs.

Should be a good sing song

Nigeria complete the group. The sun never sets etc etc

Brissy gets a game

Will you head over mate?

Probably not, im against flying for non essential journeys

If i happen to be there while on an essential journey ill go to a game

3 Likes

A real sense that all fans of these 4 nations can join together in the stands and sing up the ra for 90 mins. A real 2 fingers to the west brits in ireland.

1 Like

Sure the team themselves are west Brits, they speak English, play an English sport and play for English teams.

The sooner all of us on this forum and in Irish society realise we’re all west Brits the better. Embrace it. To deny it is to give a real two fingers to all of our selves.

Speak English dur to the curse of history and the eveils of the british empire, soccer is a global sport and had many forms before the offical formation of rules in england during the industrial revolution and free movement and higher paying opertunities are in england, cant blame players for playing there.

All 4 countries have suffered because of the english. We are all not soup drinkers or dependences of the lamdlord class

Who do you speak of?

The Irish would be speaking English anyway buddy and we also played an active part in the Empire.

Association football is an English game and the defining characteristic of the independent Irish state has been deference to the landlord and private property, now more than ever.

You are a soup taker, everybody here is. No shame in that. It’s sort of hard to survive in the world without being one.

And the Ra themselves were the biggest soup takers of all.

Somebody is in desperate need of attention this morning. Very sad really when you think about it.

1 Like

Never be ashamed to be Irish

4 Likes

There is a lovely naivety on display here for some that if only the songs stopped and the RA were left in the past then hard-line Unionists would be all for an equal society. Its being Irish and having a culture that upsets them most, not the singing of songs.

2 Likes

Just a beautiful song, I’ve listened to it hundreds of times though I’m not sure where exactly she’s going with it, I think I first heard it on Love/Hate (I think, it was definitely an RTÉ drama) and was blown away,
I assume it’s an allegory of sorts, she’s Ireland and he’s England

Watched Love/Hate back last year. The music was very well picked and used.

Hardline unionists aren’t the ones who we need to or ever will convince