Republic of Ireland WNT - We're all part of Vera and Tony O'Donoghues Army

Nooooooooooooo!!!

Ireland holding their own to the USWNT, 1-0 down at the break with a goal disallowed for offside. Doing alright. American WNT fans are weird

The goal was a tidy strike

That was an entertaining game. We have some hard workers

Ireland concede a goal from outside the box again. Bleedin Spock

Wouldn’t be like you to confuse the male and female Irish teams

1 Like

Amber Barrett is a great bit of stuff

1 Like

Very skilled, leads the line and holds up the ball. They look a bit caught for pace at the back, but they play out really well, especially Mustaki.

I don’t see them getting out the group but a game outfit who work for each other can surprise anyone. Poor attendance though.

Yeah very likeable team. They look a small bit underpowered physically. I was in England last summer so saw a good bit of the Euros. I’ll watch a good bit of this, Spain and France are fine teams as well as the 3 favourites. Good tournament

2 Likes

There is just something very likeable about this team, squad and management.

Brilliant responses from Vera, Amber Barrett and Claire O’Riordan to the inane fodder of that lummox O’Donoghue.

Best of luck to them in the World Cup.

1 Like

Outstanding

There’s going to be ructions* over this World Cup squad.

A couple of Wagneresque mercenaries in it after declaring for Ireland after we qualified & players who featured in qualifiers left out.

Katie McCabe’s partner included despite being injured most of the season.

*maybe not

The stories I’m hearing are along similar lines. Womens National League Player of the Season and Womens National League Top Scorer Emily Corbett has been disgracefully overlooked for months now, not even a token call up to a training squad.

Cant see in, cant be in

What odds there’s talk about a potential strike before the day is out?

Ah relax mate, no ones going to go that far.

Has the Rowe wan from Mayo with the teeth made it? It’d be a shame to come all the way back from Australia for nothing