Republic of Ireland WNT - We're all part of Vera and Tony O'Donoghues Army

It’s a behind closed doors kickabout, mate, not Zaporizhia nuclear power plant.

Vera overcompensating now around how focused on player welfare she is

2 Likes

It was a meaningless kick about

1 Like

They were afrerd. The Irish wimminns football team have sent the signal out - they don’t like it up em

I’d expecting nothing else from a group of women. Utterly impossible to deal with. You simply won’t win.

The ill fated Ireland 2007 Rugby World Cup quest was derailed by a friendly against Bayonne where Drico et al were battered and gouged. Tournament proper was a damp squid after that. Vera right to take them off before it got pwoppa nawty.

1 Like

I really hope they do well for the sake of women’s sport. For a lot of young girls it’ll be their first time tuning in to watch an Ireland female team in anything. A few trimmings would not be good.

1 Like

It didn’t do us any harm

They’ve a handy enough group

I thought aus and canada were good? Pity Nigeria is last game

Theyre ranked higher, a draw against either and beat nigeria and you’ve a right chance

• i know fuck all about it

They embarrassed themselves & showed major disrespect to their opponents.

If they’ve got that kind of attitude to preparation they’ll be hammered in every game

1 Like

I agree with you.

Just kick them and they’ll wilt is the message put out.

Nigeria are meant to be the best in Africa and artificially ranked low because they get no points for beating African opponents.

Now, I overheard that in a pub so it could be bollox but still

4 Likes

Surely the Colombians are owed a “here are the savage tackles ye were making” video before they get tarnished here? It’s all very odd

Now she’s back training and expected to start our first game.

It is bollix. Nigeria are not in a great place due to they’re coach not being liked and trouble with bonus payments, but they are Ireland as an easy game.

Have some of that Colombia!!!

They have a hard group as far as I’m aware. From what I’ve heard that Aussie team beat France 1-0 last week. The same French team who comfortably disposed of Vera’s charges 3-0 recently. Canada are usually one of the top teams too? Hard to see us finishing higher than 3rd.

If we score two goals over the three games we’ll be lucky