Republic of Ireland WNT - We're all part of Vera and Tony O'Donoghues Army

It was enough for Jacks army to escape the group in 1990!

@Locke the west ham supporter (snigger) is branding himself as the expert on womens football despite up to now not being in the top 20 posters on this thread

what a dolt

1 Like

Quality, not quantity, pal.

3 Likes

None of ye feeling a tad hypocritical, no?

Your opinion needs to be fluid on tfk. It’s about what the cunt that levelled you with an e-showlder last week thinks. Even if it goes against everything you believe in, you head to the other trench.

1 Like

I’ve already stated here that they’ll have it up their holes to emerge from the group.

That’s not to say they won’t, as the other teams are also women and women are notoriously moody and bitchy cunts and could all turn on each other in 5 minutes, thereby allowing our ladies cruise through the group.

1 Like

What a shit show

Fuck me, the misogynist crew are out in full force here

1 Like

As a feminist i would like to put it out there that the Irish team management come across as cowards for not playing the rest of the game

Have to seen anything more than one tackle to back up your statement?

What time are we on at tomorrow?

I share some of your concerns here, Fran. However, I think there are some valid criticisms of Vera Pauw’s selections & tactics & I would know this as I’ve watched part of around 4 Ireland WNT matches over the past 18 months.

Firstly, we’re first time qualifiers & will be coming up against higher ranked teams so we shouldn’t have unrealistic expectations.

But Vera favours a very defensive style. A low block 5-4-1, which admittedly got us through, but we rode our luck hugely in that play-off game in Scotland. Just kinda stay defending in our own half & kick the ball forward for someone to run onto.

Plus women’s sport probably translates across to u14 boys’ standard. Think of your standard U14 team & you’ll usually have some weak links who can’t hit/kick the ball so you really need to put your best players in key central roles.

Although Katie McCabe plays on the left for Arsenal, she’s wasted as a left wing back for Ireland & really should be centre midfield with O’Sullivan & AN Other. We’ve around 4 quality players, some passable ones & then a few weak links.

Thankfully O’Sullivan is fit although it was amusing to see the journalists embedded with the team in Australia reporting her knock in grave tones as if it was causing the nation to stop in its tracks like Saipan.

3 Likes

Can we not just treat this like Italia 90 and get fully behind them and look at everything in positive terms ole ole ole etc? It’d be nice to get a break from the Roy keaneasisation and internetification of everything.

1 Like

the oirish media always try to destroy an oirish team at a world cup

1 Like

The dazzler breathlessly reporting this morning that they were late for their training session today.

Shambolic by the sounds of it

Its mad. The Irish media doing what the english media did to there teams in the 80’s and 90’s. Even they got over that shite.

2 Likes

No. Joe Molloy is concerned that Vera might have made players feel uncomfortable.

5 Likes

Except in Rugby, bizzarely

1 Like

jesus christ man, its not that he is just concerned, he reflected on it & has had “considered thoughts” on the issue

3 Likes

I presume our Living The Dream crew have bought up all the tickets for this like Giants Stadium 1994?

Best wishes to the great Ken Early who is missing this World Cup due to slipping and going flying into the air in his kitchen and breaking two ribs upon landing.

But I find it sickening what is being done to Vera Pauw in the same way I found the treatment of Mick McCarthy in 2002 sickening.