Republic of Ireland WNT - We're all part of Vera and Tony O'Donoghues Army

Helps when there’s no one there

They’re surely going to leave Eileen Gleeson at it at this stage?

1 Like

How many of the Irish squad are Heterosexual / Homosexual ?

Like colour, I don’t see sexual preference mate

Are many Heterosexual?

I reckon some might be

Asking for a school assignment

There’s no doubt who Irelands greatest sportsperson named Katie is

https://twitter.com/ballsdotie/status/1732116963185377374?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

The FAI have confirmed that Eileen Gleeson has been appointed as permanent head coach of the Ireland WNT

1 Like

So she definitely doesn’t want the job?

1 Like

Have you heard of knifey spoony?

1 Like

I don’t really know any of the details but did she Eddie O’Sullivan herself in while Warren Gatlanding Vera out?

1 Like

Can you translate that to normal-speak?

1 Like

Eddie O’Sullivan was the number 2 to Warren Gatland as Irish coach and by all accounts he pitched to the blazers that he could do the job better and eased himself into the top spot at Gatlands expense

I was travelling back from Navan yesterday and listening to a lady on Radio 1 discuss this vacancy. She gave a strong impression she had the inside scoop so Des was trying to draw more information from her. Apparently there were 2 candidates left in the running so Des asked were they male or female - 1 of each was the response which raised my suspicions this lady was spoofing. Do we know the lady, asked Des - I doubt it was the response, she had to google her herself. I hope they weren’t paying much for this insight.

2 Likes

The FAI said they did an extensive worldwide search for a replacement for Vera. I’m not sure if this is a compliment or an insult to our Eileen.

Did Eddie have the players knife Gatty?

I don’t suspect Gleeson really did any sly manoeuvring. She wasn’t involved in Pauw’s set up, she had a general football development role in the FAI for the women’s and girls’ game but I reckon she was thrust into the caretaker role & took it from there. She seems like an honest to goodness decent type rather than a calculating sort.

2 Likes

Pretty sure she was heavily involved in the setup mate

Was she not in a previous set up? Maybe assistant to that Colin Bell chap pre Pauw? Think she went off to manage Glasgow City & came back for that development role. But don’t think she was in Pauw’s inner circle. Now I may be wrong, it’s women’s football like.